十七: sleepover at akemi's

The rumors about Itachi's involvement with Akemi had spread like wildfire through the village, reaching the ears of Fugaku. The whispers painted a picture that clashed with the Uchiha's traditional values and their aspirations for Itachi's future — successor for the Hokage position and raise pure-blooded Uchiha children.

Fugaku, his expression rigid, sought out Minato, the Fourth Hokage, to address the matter. They met in the Hokage's office, where Fugaku wasted no time expressing his concerns. "Yondaime, I have heard disturbing rumors about my son, Itachi," Fugaku began, his tone seething with disapproval. "He is dating someone from the village, and this cannot be tolerated. It brings shame to the Uchiha name."

Minato, well-aware of Fugaku's expectations and the delicate balance of the village, listened attentively. "Fugaku, I understand your concerns, but we must approach this situation carefully. Itachi is an exceptional ninja and an asset to Konoha."

Fugaku's eyes narrowed. "An asset tainted by scandal is a liability, Yondaime. I demand that you banish Itachi from his Anbu duties immediately."

Minato sighed, realizing the gravity of the situation. "Fugaku, let me handle this discreetly. I'll speak to Itachi and address the matter. Please refrain from doing anything rash. You're well aware that making actions on Akemi will bring chaos between the Uchiha and Hyuga clan."

Fugaku, though reluctantly, agreed to give Minato a chance to resolve the issue. However, this resolution did not align with Fugaku's expectations. Filled with frustration, he confronted Itachi at the Uchiha compound, his anger palpable.

"You disgrace the Uchiha name with your actions, Itachi!" Fugaku shouted, the intensity of his disapproval evident.

Itachi, calm but resolute, met his father's gaze. "Father, my personal life is my own. Akemi is not a disgrace, and I will not abandon her."

Fugaku, breathing heavily, issued a stern command. "Break off this relationship, Itachi. I will host the marriage for you and Izumi sooner than planned. It is the Uchiha way."

Itachi refused to yield. "I will not sacrifice my happiness for the sake of tradition. I cannot obey that order, Father."

"Attend your own wedding in the upcoming December. I expect your attendance."

"The bride won't be Izumi." With that, Itachi left the house but glared back at Fugaku with his matured Sharingan swirling in anger.
.
.
.
Itachi and Shisui found themselves at a local bar, the weight of the recent events had taken its toll on Itachi, and he needed a temporary escape. Shisui, always a supportive friend, accompanied him, providing a friendly presence. Shisui, lifting his glass, grinned at Itachi. "You know, Itachi, you could use more nights like these. It's not healthy to carry the weight of the world on your shoulders all the time."

Itachi, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips, raised an eyebrow. "Coming from the guy who's known for his reckless antics? I'll consider it."

Shisui leaned in, his voice low. "Speaking of recklessness, what's the deal with you and Akemi? Fugaku seemed ready to explode when he heard about it."

Itachi sighed, taking a sip of his drink. "Complications, Shisui. Complications that go beyond what my father can comprehend. But I won't let anyone dictate who I can care for."

Shisui nodded, understanding the unspoken complexities in Itachi's life. "Well, you've got my support. And if anyone can handle complications, it's you."

Itachi, a rare openness in his expression, nodded. "More than I can put into words. Akemi is... everything."

"You know, I've always thought that the best love stories involve a bit of stumbling. Adds character, don't you think?"