chewing gum cigarettes~

'What did I miss?'

Chan stood in the doorway, all cleaned up, baby on his hip, staring at us huddled together.

'A lot', Younhee said.

I sighed. 'Sunyoung is the one who installed the cameras and now she's blackmailing Felix so we can't go to the police'

Chan said nothing for a few seconds. Then, slowly:

'Are you kidding?'

'Nope'

'Holy fuck! Felix, shit I'm so sorry'

Younhee took the baby while Chan took her place at Felix's side. I heard her mumbling silently to the child.

'Come on, your mommy has to go cuddle some dogs before she commits homicide. Are you people okay here for a moment?', she asked us.

We nodded more or less enthusiastic. 'Take all the sushi you want. It's in the fridge', she said, then went outside to find the dogs.

Chan pulled Felix into a close hug.

'Is it ok if I text the group chat?' I asked them.

They hummed against Chan's shoulder, which I took as a yes.

me:
Things just got a thousand times worse

Minho:
Is that even possible

me:
Sunyoung is the one who installed the cameras in Felix's house. They just spoke on the phone. She's blackmailing Felix with the remaining video material so they can't go to the police

Changbin:
Fuck

Minho:
...I shouldn't have asked

Hyunjin:
I'll be at Chan's in ten

~

I opened the door just to be immediately engulfed in a suffocating hug.

'Hey Hyunjin'

'Hey Innie. How are you holding up?'

'Right now I'm... better than Felix I guess. I'm very pissed on their behalf though'

'Same. If Sunyoung ever makes the mistake of coming near me again I'll make her regret the fucking day she was born'

He ruffled through my hair.

'Hyunjin'

Felix stood behind us in the hallway.

Their face still hadn't found its colour, their usual confident elegance replaced by hunched shoulders and reddened eyes.

'Hey baby' Hyunjin said lovingly and opened his arms for them.

I left them hugging in peace and served myself another piece of sushi in the kitchen.

Delicious.

I tried not to think of Jihye.

One time she wanted to make sushi to surprise me but she ended up burning the rice and had also forgotten to buy fish.

It was a disaster.

I missed her so fucking much.

I still loved her fiercely, maybe even more so now that I lost her.

Shit.

Stop thinking about her.

'What is she blackmailing you with?' Hyunjin asked as soon as they got settled at the table.