Chapter 7

Moon: 1 ¼

Cinderkit: 5 moons old

"Speaking"

"Thought"

"Emphasizing or yelling"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Cinderkit's 3rd Pov)

Cinderkit and her siblings were huddled around Dappledfang.

All of them are looking down at her newborn kits, who had been born just a few minutes ago. They all made sure to give Dappledfang some space so that way she could breath.

There were four bundles of fur in total, each one letting out small squeals as they pressed themselves against Dappledfang. One was a white furred she-kit with black spots, another was a tiny long furred light brown she-kit, the other brown furred kit was a short furred tom-kit, the last kit was a gray furred tom-kit causing him to stand out from his siblings.

Marigoldkit went close to them as she gently sniffed them. "Their so tiny." she said. 

Dappledfang let out a tired chuckle, "Yes well, all kits start out like this. Even you guys."

Cinderkit found it hard to believe that she and her siblings were ever that small, especially considering their size now.

Toadkit just looked at them with a slight discomfort, as they kept letting out a few squeals. "They're loud..." he grimaced as his ears were pinned to his head.

"They're only newborns! They don't know better!"  Marigoldkit snapped.

"Hush!" Cinderkit hissed. "We're meant to be quiet so that way Dappledfang can rest!" Dappledfang gave Cinderkit a grateful nod, but was shocked to hear such a thing coming from a kit. Marigoldkit and Toadkit looked away in shame and embarrassment.

Solkit walked over to the kits and gently touched their foreheads, snapping everyone's attention back to the kits. "So what are their names?" he asked.

Dappledfang cleared her throat. "Well the gray kit will be named Sorrelkit. The brown tom-kit will be named Wrenkit due to his fur color reminding me of one. The light brown she-kit will be named Littlekit due to her small size. And the white and black spotted kit will be named Deadkit after Deadblaze." She said looking at her kits lovingly 

Cinderkit ears perked up when she heard that. She doesn't know much about the former deputy, as no cat talks about her a lot. The first time she heard about the old deputy was when she heard Onewind and Leopardflight talk about her when they were talking about Fawntooth. Which would make since that she would her about her from them first since they are her kits.

Cinderkit was pulled out her thoughts when she heard someone entering the den. She expected it to be her mother coming back from her walk, but instead she saw Hollowfur entering the den with a smile on her face.

"Hollowfur, what are you doing here, do you need something?" Dappledfang asked.

"No, No. I'm actually moving into the nursery. Because I'm expecting Onewind's kits!" Hollowfur said happily.

"That's amazing to hear!" Dappledfang replied returning the smile.

"Great, more squealing." Toadkit grumbled.

"We'll be out of the nursery by the time they're born furball!" Marigoldkit snapped.

This caused Toadkit's fur to bristle. "Well if I'm a furball then you're a finch-brain!"

Marigoldkit's fur spiked up. "You take that back!" She hissed as she tackled her brother.

"Make me!" Toadkit said as they both began tumbling around on the ground.

Dappledfang and Hollowfur both let out a chuckle, while Solkit bursted out laughing. Cinderkit just shaked her head. 

Let's just hope she and her will be ready by the time they become apprentices.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(551 words for chapter 7/ sorry this is such a short chapter, these next few chapters might be just as short)