HALLOWEEN SPECIAL- PART 1

Halloween Special

First pov.

Never in my sixteen years of life had I ever celebrated Halloween- nor even thought about doing so. Sure, I had heard about the strange Holiday where humans dress like monsters, a big difference from every other day of the year when monsters are the ones who dress like humans.

At the age of seven, I heard about Halloween for the first time. It was the second of November and one of the older kids had returned after a long mission. He told us about the holiday.

"The kids love it," his words rolled smoothly like honey out of his tongue, "well normal kids."

We had all gathered around the boy, eager to learn about the outside, eager to learn about the world. I, for one, wanted to about 'the boring stuff' as some might call it. For example, how many flowers were there? Here, we only grew deadly nightshades. How was the food? And also snow- I wanted to know about the snow. We weren't hearing about any of that, still, I listened.

"They like it when adults act scared like the costumes terrify them. Teens also do. They usually party. Girls dress in some sluty version of a Disney princess or something like that. It's the only day they don't get shit for doing so. Adults usually are happy as long as the kids are. On the other hand, adults without kids dread it."

"Adults without kids dread it," I muttered under my breath as the bell rang once again. I wasn't an adult, but oh, I was dreading it.

"The kids love it," I recalled as I answered the door. Here I was, dressed as Alice from Alice in Wonderland, giving candy to a young boy dressed like the Cheshire Cat.

"I like your outfit," he giggled.

I felt a smile creeping into my face.

"I like yours too, although, I must warn you, the queen of hearts is coming this way."

The kid huffed, "Tell her to come then."

"Very well," I hummed and turned around, towards the inside of the apartment, "heard that queen of hearts?"

"Wha-?"

"Did someone call my name?" Stacy called, leaning against the doorway. She was dressed as- you probably can guess it- the queen of hearts.

The kid screamed and then left.

"How terrifying," I shook my head.

And just like clockwork, she said:

"Off with your head!"

...

My head started spinning as we entered the large house where the party was held. Teens also do. They love partying. Stacy did. I did not. And Demetrius did too, or at least so it seemed.

Maybe he simply loved laying on a couch, lazily dropping his arms around it, while two girls whom I did not recognize were sitting very close to him, from time to time brushing their fingertips against his vampire costume. They were drunk with adrenaline, it seemed. It wouldn't be long until Demetrius sucked every last drop of hope and rush from their body, just like a vampire did with blood. He was somehow addicted to that too, just like a vampire is addicted to blood.

As humans, we're all addicted to something. The real deal is, will we live, or will the addiction do it for us?

His eyes were on me at last.

And so, for yet another time, the addiction acted for Demetrius. His lips were on another girl's ones, but I could feel his teeth on my flesh, sucking in. His eyes were on me. Only me.

I smiled. This- all of this- was my addiction. I was addicted to Demetrius Desmond. The way he breathed, the way he kissed, the way his eyes would meet mine. I was addicted to the real-life Vampire. And so Alice was bound to fall into the rabbit hole.

Oh, she had already fallen.An empty bottle of water was thrown Demetrius' way and I finally managed to look away.