Chapter 21

!TW - Anxiety, Stress!

"Just.. just don't leave me" Charlie sobs after a while and looks up at Nick sitting in front of him. Nick meets Charlie's bloodshot eyes and gently wipes some of the tears from his cheeks.

After a while, Charlie manages to calm himself down, but the stupid thoughts still is somewhere in the back of his mind. Charlie is now sitting on Nick's lap, with his head against his chest - that way Charlie can follow Nick's breathing better and there for can calm down faster. The door to the terrace opens carefully and Tao quietly slips out. He sits down in front of Nick, who has Charlie in his arms.
"Is he okay?" Tao asks, looking at Nick with a worried look. Nick nods back.
"It was just a bit much" replies Nick. Charlie must have fallen asleep on Nick, because he doesn't move or say anything during the time Nick and Tao are talking.
"Was it the food? I wouldn't have sug-" Tao says angry, annoyed. But is interrupted by Nick.
"Hay, calm down. It's not your fault Tao. He's okay and that's what matters right now"
"It just feels like I'm always doing things wrong, that I'm just making him feel worse all the time" Tao says softly. Nick looks at Tao with a look of pity.
"You don't" reply Nick.
"In fact, you make him feel better. Of course he has me, but nothing is stronger than the love Charlie has for his best friends". Tao looks at Nick with a small smile.
"maybe you should take him to bed" Tao says and points to Charlie who is sleeping in Nick's arms. Nick nods, stands up and goes up to their room to put Charlie to bed.

Nick then walks out of the room, quietly closing the bedroom door behind him. He goes down the stairs and helps the others clean up everything - empty pizza boxes, blankets and pillows. After that, Elle and Tao go to their room to sleep, so Nick and Isaac are alone in the living room for a while.
"Is he okay? Charlie?" Isaac asks, looking at Nick. Nick sits down on the couch with a sigh.
"Now he is, but I don't know how he'll manage after the summer when I'm not here" replied Nick in a voice that says he's disappointed in himself. Isaac sits down on the couch next to Nick, puts a hand on his shoulder.
"He'll be fine. Me and Tao will make sure he's fine. And if he's not, we'll call you and let you know" Isaac says, smiling lightly at Nick. Nick feels safe about leaving Carlie alone in Isaac's and Tao's hands. He knows they will be taking good care of him.