Chapter 18

*cw: still a few mentions of drug misuse, also hints of victim blaming induced by clouded judgement.

ngl this one is hheeaavvyy so plsplspls take care y'all, but with that said enjoy the chapter :')

-

Vinny's mind couldn't seem to quiet down. It was a chaotic whirlwind of thoughts crashing into one another as street lights illuminated him and the girl whose head was laying on his lap from above.

A fight had broke between Kyle and the evil being that dared to put drugs in Jude's drink, ending the party sooner than expected. From what Kyle had told Vinny and Ked, the guy was actually a dropout and had been known for harassing people during parties. Kyle had actually banned him from coming to his, and Vinny thought that whatever the hell Kyle did to prevent him from coming must've been stupid and clearly useless because he was there anyways. And unfortunately, out of all people, it was Jude that got caught up in the wrong moment.

Kyle had insisted in driving the three back to Ked's place. It was the least he could do. And now here they are, Ked in the passenger's seat and Vinny in the back with Jude's motionless body.

Vinny looked down at Jude's unconcious face. He was still in disbelief that something so sinister had happened. The thought of what could have happened if he hadn't recognised Jude and found her in time was enough to nauseate him. As he held back his urge to spill his stomach, his fingers tremble as he traced the cold skin of Jude's cheek.

She looked different. She had dark stuff around her eyes and her lipstick was a dark shade of burgundy, a color Vinny had never seen on her. Not only that, her tight dress is probably the last thing he would think of when imagining Jude's choice of clothing. If it weren't for her same perfume and somehow still palpable gentle energy, Vinny would've completely believed that a stranger is currently laying on his lap right now.

What the hell was she even doing at a party like that? From the last time he saw her drink at Ked's appartement, he could clearly see how much she hated the taste and effects of alcohol. And knowing her all these years, Jude definitely wouldn't want to join sketchy college parties like this one. So why was she there? And why was she alone?

The thoughts never stop, each one of them seem to crank up Vinny's uneasiness even more. He could only move his gaze away from Jude and onto the passing streets, swallowing everytime his stomach would churn.

-

The first thing she felt, her mouth was unbearably dry. Then, a stinging pain shot through her head, causing her to wince. Her body was laying in a soft bed, soft sheets brushing against her hand as she felt around herself, yet to have the energy to open her eyes.

Her body felt so heavy, almost drowning into the mattress. Something wasn't right. Why are her eyes so hard to open? Why does her throat hurt? What had happened?

Finally, her eyes managed to flutter open. Bad idea. Everything was spinning in vertigo, commending her to close them back up but it was too late. It seemed like the motions had got her nauseous, and now she needed to let her stomach contents out more than anything.

But she couldn't open her eyes again. Everything was spinning too much. Her hand swiftly clasped over her mouth, fighting a gag and the urge to vomit all over herself.

She must've made noises because someone noticed her. The blurry being rushed over to her, said something that only rang in her ears, then lifted her up and began supporting her body out of the room and finally to the bathroom.

Her body flailed weakly as her knees slammed into the ground, strongly retching as the contents of her stomach spilled out into the toilet bowl.

She felt a hand rub her back. It was comforting enough. Anything else would comfort her at that point, the compulsion of her stomach was so strong that it physically hurt. It got to the point where Jude felt nothing else exit her mouth anymore, but the muscles of her abdomen still pulsed violently sending strain up until the muscles of her neck. What a terrible sight it must've been, but the person next to her never left her side, and their hand never ceased to comfort her.