Chapter 7

*cw: underage drinking & vomitting. Vinny and Ked are both 19 therefore not of the US drinking age yet.

Drink responsibly! 🥂

--

"Are you gonna talk to me at all?"

Jude looked up from her tray of cold lunch to face Alex's grimace.

"What the hell is going on with you?" the latter added.

"It's nothing, Alex, I-"

"That's what you said the last three times i asked. I want another answer. The real answer." Alex stated, putting emphasis on 'real'.

They almost shrieked in frustration watching the pale girl drop her head back down. Alex had been trying to get Jude to speak since her sudden silence yesterday, their efforts bearing zero results. It was starting to bring worry to Alex, the look of straight despair doesn't suit Jude's features at all as her usually bright eyes look droopy and empty. Like mattified nail polish, Alex would describe.

"Jude-"

"Look, Alex, if I'm bothering you so much you really don't have to stay with me." Jude stays still as her own words startled herself. What an idiot move, she thought.

Alex on the other hand, sees right through Jude's words.

"I know you didn't mean that."

Jude's eyes snapped at Alex, greeted with a smug look on their face.

"I'm just trying to see if you're okay, Jude. You could at least tell me you need some time you know? Instead of, I don't know, snapping at me?" they continued.

"I know. Sorry, Alex. I think I just need more time to process my thoughts."

"That's more like it. Now at least let me have those fries if you're not gonna eat them."

Jude, finally being able to smile genuinely, pushed her tray towards Alex to gladly give them her fries. Her softened expression serves as proof that she's grateful for the support of the person sitting in front of her.

Just as Alex began to munch on the cold bland fries, they noticed a certain figure walk in the cafeteria. Considering themself to be quite the observer, they thought for a moment before coming to the conclusion that this person seemed very unfamiliar. He definitely doesn't go here.

The stranger looked around the cafeteria as if looking for someone. Somehow Alex made eye contact with him, stopping their chewing once realising this strange figure approach their table.

"Jude someone's coming here."

"Hm?" The girl looked behind her, immediately spotting Ked in the midst of the crowd. "What is he doing here?"

"You know him?"

"Yea, he's a friend." Jude said as she exhaled and prepared herself for whatever it is that will happen.

The blonde boy was grinning as he took a seat next to Jude.

"Hey." he greeted, receiving a greet back from Jude.

He immediately noticed Jude's friend eyeing him and he sensed their suspicion. Another thing he noticed, the chunky silver pieces dangling from the person's ears.

"Are your earrings from StudioCult?" Ked said, pointing at the striking pieces.

"What the heck? How did you know?" Alex said as a hand subconsciously felt one of the silver bars.

"Anyone would notice their sick pieces. Looks great on you." Ked complimented, succeding in breaking the awkward suspicion when Alex smiled at him fondly. He turns his attention back to Jude. "So, Jude. Hey."