Chapter 7 :- Creepy Articles

Start from the beginning

She gently placed the ledger on the table, causing a cloud of dust to rise. As the particles settled, Ava opened the book to a specific page and pointed to an article. "There's a newspaper clipping here and a book titled 'Witches of Ancient Times'."

Ava began to read softly from the newspaper clipping, her voice filled with a mix of horror and intrigue. "On October 23rd, 1975, the police discovered a forest massacre. The remains of twenty people, suspected to be part of a religious group, were found in Riverwood woods several days ago."

Alex's eyes widened in shock. "Damn it, those are our woods."

Ava continued reading, her voice trembling slightly, "Authorities characterized the deaths as a mass suicide, but questions have arisen regarding the mutilated remains and ritualistic posing..."

Alex's face turned pale as he connected the dots. "He must have murdered them, just like he did with June."

Alex exclaimed, "It must be Dylan! The trial, the creepy entity that lived in the woods, worshipped by a crazy cult, and the fact that there have been mass murders in Riverwood within a hundred years of one another. People were disappearing during that time too, and now it's happening again."Ava, wanting to provide more information, pulled out two additional articles and handed them to Alex. "Look, before you jump to any conclusions, read these two."

Alex took the articles and began reading them one by one.

1. 𝙾𝚗 𝙹𝚞𝚗𝚎 15𝚝𝚑, 1987, 𝚊 𝚜𝚖𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚒𝚗 𝚛𝚞𝚛𝚊𝚕 𝚃𝚎𝚡𝚊𝚜 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚛𝚘𝚌𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚋𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚊 𝚐𝚛𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚘𝚍𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚘𝚏 12 𝙸𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚍𝚞𝚊𝚕𝚜, 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚞𝚕𝚝, 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚊 𝚛𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚎𝚕𝚍 𝚘𝚞𝚝𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚘𝚠𝚗. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚞𝚕𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛, 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚜𝚞𝚜𝚘𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚋𝚎𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚜𝚜𝚊𝚌𝚛𝚎, 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚍.

2. 𝐼𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑙𝑦 ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑠 𝑜𝑓 𝐷𝑒𝑐𝑒𝑚𝑏𝑒𝑟 12𝑡ℎ, 2002, 𝑝𝑜𝑙𝑖𝑐𝑒 𝑤𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑐𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑎 𝑟𝑒𝑚𝑜𝑡𝑒 𝑐𝑎𝑏𝑖𝑛 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑡𝑎𝑖𝑛𝑠 𝑜𝑓 𝐶𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑟𝑎𝑑𝑜. 𝐼𝑛𝑠𝑖𝑑𝑒, 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑏𝑜𝑑𝑖𝑒𝑠 𝑜𝑓 15 𝑖𝑛𝑑𝑖𝑣𝑖𝑑𝑢𝑎𝑙𝑠, 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑚𝑒𝑚𝑏𝑒𝑟𝑠 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑐𝑢𝑙𝑡 𝑤𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑑.

After reading those creepy articles, Alex and Ava both fell into silence for more than five minutes. They kept looking at each other, the weight of the unsettling stories hanging heavy in the air.

Finally, Ava broke the silence. "I think we should go home for now. What do you say?"

A small smile curled on Alex's lips as he nodded. "I guess we should. It's been enough for today."

Agreeing with Alex, Ava suggested, "Let's make copies, okay? Just in case."

"Okay," Alex replied, heading towards the library's ancient copy machine. He carefully assembled the results in a folder, making sure to include the witch trial documents they had found earlier.

With the folder in hand, Alex started walking home. As he made his way, he heard the sound of a car approaching. It came to a stop next to him, and to his surprise, it was Mateo and Maria. They both stepped out if the car.