TAA 43: Chaos

CHAPTER 43: CHAOS

FABBY | FABIENNE

I didn't know Zaryn had a sister. Marami akong hindi alam sa buong pagkatao niya. He is not that expressive person so I wouldn't really know, and it is also my mishaps that I didn't ask. But, hindi naman kasi kami sobrang close to the point na magtatanong na ako tungkol sa pamilya niya.

He bargained with Fate of Esher, he agreed to awaken Austin the Destroyer in exchange for his sister's return. Ang dami kong na-miss simula ng mawala ako, at halos sabay-sabay rin ang mga rebelasyon kaya't hindi ko na alam kung alin ang aking uunahin.

One thing is for sure, Zaryn has an uncontrolled violent behavior that is coined with the awakening of the god of wrath and destruction. If he continues spilling blood of these people, sooner or later, he'll be facing the fusion process to fully revive Austin. I don't have any intention to stop it, but I don't want bloodshed.

I need Zaryn to perform the marital act with me. ‘Yon lang ang kailangan namin gawin. Subalit, hindi safe si Zaryn sa lugar na ito. Who the hell told them to come here? For sure alam nito ang mangyayari.

I feel uneasy of the impending storm that will about to hit the town. With Zaryn being wounded, he will not move for a while, but I cannot be at ease. The feast is just right outside, anytime, they will all die in his hands. Hindi ko man alam kung paano ito mangyayari, pero hindi ko hahayaan na may mapaslang na naman siya.

The day rose again, and I left him resting in my room while I went to the innkeeper asking for a new set of blankets. Nang pabalik na ako ay nakita ko si Winchester na nagkakape sa may bintana ng malaking espasyo ng guest area.

I walked towards his direction. Winchester is Zaryn's sidekick and the only person who knows who he truly is. I bet he also know Zaryn's sister. Pinapanalangin ko na lamang na masasagot nito ang mga tanong ko.

"Winchester," I called. Agad naman itong napatingin sa akin, kaya nilubos ko na ang sadya ko. “Can you tell me about Zaryen Quinzel?”

His eyes widened for a bit but he returned his normal composure. “It seems like you two exceeded through family introductions, but I am guessing he didn't provide further information about his sister.”

Napatango ako. “What happened to her, and how is she connected to all of this?"

Winchester's gaze shifted, a flicker of concern crossing his features. "Lord Callaghan’s older sister was Uléz Crown Princess. She's always high spirited and fond of adventure. She traveled to Zegordia to offer a union between the kingdoms, and she never skipped a letter informing of her journey. But, her last letter contains troubling information, she was in Narta as stated by her letter, but she hasn't sent any more since. He then knew that she was taken by Fate of Esher. It's part of the bargain. Zaryn agreed to awaken Austin the Destroyer in exchange for her return. But the situation is more complicated than that."

I frowned, absorbing the weight of the revelation. “So, you came here to fulfill the bargain, to kill these people?”

Winchester hesitated, choosing his words carefully. "I swore my loyalty to the young prince of Uléz. Whatever he wants me to do, I obey. It's something I do not hesitate to follow.”

A sense of urgency surged within me. "No one is going to die, Winchester. There will no longer be any sacrifices."

Winchester responded in disagreement. "I believe that you cannot sway Lord Callaghan's conviction. He wants his sister back, and he will achieve that no matter what.”

I squared my shoulders, determined to challenge the fatalistic mindset that seemed to shroud Winchester's loyalty. "Winchester, there is another way to awaken Austin. It will not allow bloodshed. If Zaryn continues down this path, not only will he endanger the entire town, but the fusion process might irreversibly harm him. We don't really know if Austin's soul will take over or he will give his power to Zaryn entirely.”