TAA 35: Soul-Trapping Necklace

CHAPTER 35: SOUL-TRAPPING NECKLACE

OMNISCIENT

The Naarta Mountains, with their rugged peaks, seemed to reach towards the celestial realms, their sharp edges creating an imposing silhouette against the vast expanse of the sky. The jagged contours of the peaks painted a majestic yet foreboding picture, as if the mountains themselves held ancient secrets waiting to be unveiled.

As Zaryn, Winchester, and Lavander ventured into the heart of this mystical landscape, the terrain beneath their feet became increasingly hazardous. The air, already thin at such altitudes, grew colder with every step, wrapping around them like an invisible cloak. The biting chill added to the sense of isolation in this remote and untouched wilderness.

A peculiar mist, not like the ordinary fog encountered in lower altitudes, clung to the rocky surfaces of the mountains. It possessed an otherworldly quality, almost as if it was a living entity. The mist moved in unpredictable patterns, snaking through the crags and crevices, giving the impression that the very essence of the mountains was in constant motion.

The mountains, in their towering grandeur, became veiled in a translucent shroud, inviting both wonder and trepidation. The interplay of the cold air, jagged peaks, and otherworldly mist set the stage for an adventure filled with uncertainty and the promise of uncovering ancient secrets hidden within the heart of Naarta.

“Fucking shit!” singhal ni Lavander nang bigla siyang madulas at dumausdos ang kanyang pwet sa malapot na lupa. Her expression shouts a very pissed and angry woman. “I hate this place, I hate hiking!” she exclaimed.

“Lower your voice, the mountains hold secrets, ones that have eluded us for far too long. We don't know what creatures lie behind this thick fog, so I suggest you lower your voice,” Zaryn uttered firmly. His reprimanding voice was low and direct.

“Sino ba kasi nagsabi na sumama ka?” biglang tanong ni Winchester habang tinutulungan na makatayo ang dalaga. Winchester, with his sword strapped to his back, surveyed the daunting landscape. "Navigating these peaks is perilous. The legends speak of unseen forces that guard the mysteries hidden within. Ladies like you need to avoid physical expenditure such as this one.”

Lavander groaned and glared at Winchester. Hindi na siya nagsalita dahil ayaw niyang pagalitan siya muli ni Zaryn. Nagsimula na naman silang maglakad papunta sa tuktuk ng bundok. The path ahead twisted and turned, revealing hidden crevices and ancient rock formations that seemed to whisper forgotten tales.

Lavander, who had been silently observing, couldn't shake off the feeling of unease. "What kind of mysteries are we dealing with, Lord Callaghan?"

"Legends tell of ancient creatures and spirits dwelling here. Some believe the mountains are a gateway between realms, harboring secrets that could explain the disappearances,” he said, his voice effortlessly haunting. Parang gusto niyang matakot si Lavander sa sinabi niya.

“So, you are diving into the mouth of a mysterious creature hoping that you could find the missing people? I thought you were joking when you said that they all lead here,” she said. Buong akala niya ay may hinahanap lang silang uso o hindi kaya ay mga mamahaling halaman.

Lavander’s prying made her come here. Also, since she was tasked to a mission involving the Lord, she cannot help but to follow their trails. As they delved deeper into the heart of the Naarta Mountains, the air grew thicker with an inexplicable tension. Shadows danced along the rugged cliffs, playing tricks on their perceptions.

Driven by Zaryn's unwavering determination to unravel the enigma that gripped the Kingdom, they pressed on. The mountains seemed to echo with whispers of the lost, their voices carried by the wind that whistled through the crevices.