TAA 28: Golden Sword

CHAPTER 28: GOLDEN SWORD

FABBY | FABIENNE

The moon hung high in the night sky, casting a silver glow through the window as I lay in bed, enveloped in the stillness of the room. The shared kiss with Zaryn echoed in my thoughts, creating ripples of emotion that refused to settle.

I tossed and turned, the fabric of the sheets twisting around me like a maze. Each time I closed my eyes, the image of our entangled bodies resurfaced, the taste of his lips lingering on mine. Fear crept in — not of the memory, but of the possibility that the dreamscape might mirror reality.

With a sigh, I stared at the ceiling, hoping to find solace in the familiar patterns. Yet, the tendrils of that passionate encounter snaked into my thoughts, making the prospect of sleep seem like a treacherous journey into the unknown. The fear of reliving the kiss in the realm of dreams became a shadow, casting doubt on the tranquility I sought.

The dawn's soft hues painted the sky as I emerged from my restless night. Sleep-deprived, I stumbled out of bed, yearning for the sanctuary of the upcoming training. I ventured into the common area, my eyes scanning for any sign of Zaryn's presence, but instead, Winchester greeted me.

"Winchester, have you seen Lord Callaghan?" I inquired, the worry seeping into my voice.

He shifted his gaze toward me, an unreadable expression in his eyes. "Lord Callaghan hasn't returned from his night stroll. He hasn't been back since last night."

A ripple of concern coursed through me. "What do you mean, he hasn't returned?" I pressed, my voice has a sense of urgency making my words more direct.

"He went for a stroll around last night, but he hasn't come back yet," Winchester clarified, his tone serious. “Actually, kanina ko pa siya hinahanap, pero hindi ko alam kung saan siya tumuloy dahil hindi naman nagalaw ang higaan nito.”

Frustration and worry mingled within me. "Why would he go out alone at night? What if something happened to him?" I mumbled more to myself than to Winchester, my thoughts racing with scenarios I didn't want to contemplate.

Winchester excused himself, assuring me that he would go and search for Zaryn, suggesting that maybe he was just outside. If I didn't know Zaryn so well, I might have believed he was simply taking a breather. However, the lingering question persisted: if Zaryn hadn't returned since last night, where could he possibly be?

Napahugot ako ng isang malalim na hininga. I am worried but worrying will not help me find him, so I decided to stroll around the house, hoping that Winchester must have missed a spot to look for the lord. Pero, bumagsak lang ang balikat ko dahil ni anino nito hindi ko makita.

“Baka nauna siyang pumunta sa gubat?” napatanong ako sa aking sarili.

I decided to head to the woods, our usual training ground, in the hopes of finding him there. With the sun gently breaking through the clouds, my path was clear as I entered the woods with a sense of calm.

The eerie vibe still lingered, a sensation I never quite enjoyed, but the solitude during our training sessions proved beneficial. I walked deeper into the woods, my eyes scanning the familiar surroundings, hoping to catch a glimpse of Zaryn.

As I ventured further into the woods, calling out his name, there was an unusual stillness in the air. The usual sounds of nature seemed muted, adding to the unsettling atmosphere. Hindi ko alam kung dahil ba sa lamig o mag-isa ako, mas lumakas ang kabog ng aking dibdib.

"Zaryn?" I called again, my voice echoing through the trees. I quickened my pace, worry gnawing at my stomach. The trees, which were my companions during training, now felt like silent sentinels, keeping their secrets.