Chapter 27

Hana's P. O. V:

"We should have at least two Hashira guarding Oyakata-sama at the minimum," Sighs Sanemi, cheek in hand. Another month has passed and we were currently in a Hashira meeting to discuss how we're going to protect Oyakata-sama since his illness has worsened. I sit next to Giyu.

Kanroji asks, "Can't you do something about this, Himejima-san?"

"... Impossible. I became a Hashira when I was nineteen and I have been asking him for eight straight years. But he refuses to budge..." Himejima says with tears leaking from his eyes and hands clasped together. "He insists that someone as strong as a Hashira shouldn't be wasted on the likes of him... it's a problem..."

Kocho inputs, "I heard that the heads of the Ubuyashiki family had never even had a bodyguard throughout history..."

Suddenly, a massive explosion goes off near the Ubuyashiki mansion, startling all of us.

We run outside and I stand beside Sanemi before Tanjiro as we gaze in the direction of the explosion.

We then take off towards the Master's estate but Himejima beats us to it. When we get there, we find a dark haired man with piercing red eyes with spikes all through his body, his finger in the right eye of a woman.

"Blood Demon Art: Chain of Thorns!" The man sends out several thorns at Gyomei.

"Breath of Stone, Third Form: Igneous Reflection!" Gyomei deflects the attack with his chained weapons.

Sanemi yells angrily at the woman, "You bitch!! What the fuck did you do to Oyakata-sama?!!"

"Oyakata-sama!" Kanroji cries as she runs onto the scene.

"Oyakata-sama!" Iguro exclaims, running forwards.

Himejima warns us, "It's Muzan! Kibutsuji Muzan! This guy won't die even if you cut his head off!"

"So that's Muzan Kibutsuji...!" I think with shock. The Hashira, Tanjiro and I all ready our weapons.

"Flower Breathing," I think, "Seventh Form: Four 0' Clock Flower Bloom!"

We're all about to land our attacks on Muzan, when...

"You seriously thought you could corner me?" Muzan asks. "You're all going to hell now! You pathetic Demon Slayer pests. I'm slaughtering you all tonight!"

Tanjiro roars, "You're the one going to hell, Muzan! You're not getting away! I will defeat you for sure!"

Muzan ducks inside a castle that had appeared. He says, "If you can! Come and get me, Tanjiro Kamado!"

We follow the demon lord inside his castle.

🌺🌺🌺

I walk beside Sanemi after awhile. We haven't really encountered many demons, but we'd fought a couple. None of them were Upper or Lower Ranks, though.

Our Kusagai cries have kept us informed of the other battles. So far, only Kocho has died but Tsuyuri and Inosuke were alright, as well as the other Hashira for the time being.

I was immensely sad about my friend being killed by Douma, but I force myself to keep going.

"Where the hell is Muzan?" I mumble, annoyed that we've lost him.

"Don't know, but I'm worried about my brother," Says Sanemi. I flick my gaze to him. "I'm going to check on him first."

"I'm going with you!" I tell him, making the Wind Hashira nod his head.

Sanemi suddenly pauses and turns to me, face serious. "Hana-chan, when we win this, and survive this, we should get married."

The proposal was so sudden and came out of nowhere that I start and jerk my head to my boyfriend. "Wh-What?! M-Married?!"

He nods. "I love you, and want to spend the rest of my life with you."

My heart pounds in my chest and I feel like crying at the proposal. I smile and hug Sanemi as I say, "Of course I'll marry you! But let's make sure we both get out of this alive—Genya too, okay?"

I pull back and we kiss once, deeply, before we pull away. Sanemi nods once again. "Yeah. Let's go!"

I nod my head and follow Sanemi to his brother. We make it to a part of the castle that has a spacious room and pillars lining it.

I gasp when I see Tokito being pinned to a pillar by his own sword, and Genya is on the floor, his body cut in half. Just when the demon is about to hit him with a crescent moon blade based attack, Sanemi and I appear in front of his brother, swords at the ready.

Sanemi uses Rising Dust Storm while I use my Honourable Shadow Plum to deflect the attack, and force back the demon in the process.

"The Wind and Flower Hashira?" The demon murmurs.

"That's right!" I confirm. The demon has long red hair in a ponytail and six large eyes on either side of his face.

"And this wind and flower are going to wrench off your head!" The white haired man adds with a crazed look on his features

"Sanemi..." Genya murmurs, gazing at us in surprise. Both sides of his head are shaven and only the middle of the top has dark hair. Like Sanemi, Genya has a scar on the right side of his face.

 Like Sanemi, Genya has a scar on the right side of his face

"You really are... hopeless, little brother," Sanemi responds. "Why do you think... I went so far as to kill our mother... to protect you? You should have had a house somewhere... and raised a family and grown old. To make up for what I couldn't do for Mother..." Sanemi clenches his sword hilt tightly. "And our little brothers and little sister... You... should have had a wife and children and made them happy. And I... would've never let a demon get near you."

"I'm sorry, Sanemi," Genya sobs. "I'm sorry."

"Hmm. Brothers and Demon Slayers... that brings back memories..." The red haired demon muses.

Sanemi snaps angrily, "How dare you cut up my little brother, you multi-eyed freak!! I'll never forgive you! Never!"

Sanemi and I charge at the demon and he swings his sword, sending out crescent moons. However, Sanemi and I were quick to duck to the ground and slide along it, dodging the attack.

We slide between the demon's legs and aim our swords for his feet.

However, the demon launches himself into the air and avoids our attacks, before swinging his sword down at us.