Chapter 8

Hana's P. O. V:

I wake up to my Kusagai Crow, Sorano, cawing at my bedroom window two weeks later. I was released from the hospital one week ago and have started dating Sanemi.

Things have gone really well and word has spread quickly through the Corps.

I get out of bed and open my window. Sorano lands on the sill and informs me, "Caw, caw, you're to go to Headquarters to attend Nezuko Kamado and Tanjiro Kamado's trial! For he has been harbouring a demon. Caw, caw!"

I blink my eyes as she takes off. I've never heard of this till today. I glance at my clock and mentally swear. I was going to be late for it was nearly 7.

I run around, getting dressed and quickly feed Ginger and make sure she has water.

Once I grab a quick breakfast myself, I race as fast as I can to Headquarters to attend the meeting.

🌺🌺🌺

I pant heavily as I race around the big building and I skid to a halt.

I hold up my hand as I exclaim, "I'm here!! Sorry if I'm late, everyone!" I feel all pairs of eyes on me and sweat drop down my face before I look in front of me. Eight of the ten Hashira are all staring at me, including a Kakushi leaning over a boy with spiky red hair and fuchsia eyes covered in wounds who's hands are tied behind him, gazing at me in surprise.

 Eight of the ten Hashira are all staring at me, including a Kakushi leaning over a boy with spiky red hair and fuchsia eyes covered in wounds who's hands are tied behind him, gazing at me in surprise

That must be Tanjiro Kamado.

I sweat drop again at being stared at and laugh sheepishly while rubbing the back of my head.

Kocho smiles and was the first one to speak up. "Good morning, Sugisaki. Did you oversleep again?"

Feeling embarrassed, I say sheepishly again as I step over to the group of Hashira, rubbing the back of my head, "Uh, yeah. Sorry. I'm really not late, am I?"

Kanroji gazes at me with sparkling eyes as she responds, "No, neither Shinazugawa nor Oyakata-sama are here yet."

I sag with immense relief as I give a mushroom sigh and mumble, "Safe! So, what did I miss?" I gaze back at the tied up boy who's staring at me with a dumbstruck expression.

Uzui, the Sound Hashira, tells me, "Nothing flashy yet."

I feel bad that Tanjiro has to be tied up but there wasn't anything I could do right now, unfortunately.

The Hashira with his white hair in a ponytail muses, "I heard he was a demon slayer with a demon in tow. I was expecting someone with more flare. But it's just some ordinary looking kid. Too bad." That's Tengen Uzui, the Sound Hashira.

" That's Tengen Uzui, the Sound Hashira