Chapter 6

Hana's P. O. V:

A few days pass and both Sanemi and I were fully healed and able to resume our duties.

We were almost immediately called out to slay a demon with a powerful Earth Blood Art.

We arrive at our destination after sundown and go in search of our target.

"So apparently it uses an earth based Demon Blood Art," I murmur as we gaze around.

Sanemi responds, "Tch, yeah, and it's supposedly really powerful."

We hear screams and gasp before racing on ahead. After rounding a corner, we find a crowd fleeing a male demon with blonde hair and brown eyes.

"Bingo!" Sanemi exclaims before rushing forwards. "Wind Breathing, Second Form: Claws-Purifying Wind!" He brings his green nichirin katana down diagonally from his right shoulder and severs off the demon's arm.

"And who are you?!" It demands.

"The ones who'll slay you!" I shoot back as I rush forward. "Flower Breathing, Fifth Form: Peonies of Futility!"

I slash repeatedly at the demon, forcing it back,

"Earth Blood Demon Art!" It shouts. "Quaking Cerberus!" He slams his hands onto the ground and I gasp but manage to jump back in time to avoid three pillars of earth that rise towards me.

The Wind Hashira dodges.

"Wind Breathing, Fifth Form: Cold Mountain Wind!" He slashes his sword in circular cyclone motions and the arches increase above the enemy, slicing into him. "Wind Breathing, First Form: Dust Whirlwind Cutter!"

He dashes forwards while slashing in a horizontal whirlwind motion.

The demon puts its hands together before slamming them into the ground beneath him. To our surprise, he gets launched up into the air.

"Flower Breathing," I say lowly, "Fourth Form: Crimson Hanagoromo." I unleash a single sword slash that curves and twists gracefully, cutting off his right leg.

The demon lands, wobbly, and glares from his leg to me as I smirk, readying my next attack. "Flower Breathing, Fifth Form: Peonies of Futility!"

I slash repeatedly at the enemy, grazing his other arm and chest as he dodges.

"Earth Blood Demon Art: Earth Dragon," Says the demon, slamming his hands in front of him. I jerk back as a massive dragon made of earth rises up behind him and roars.

It then lunges towards me but I was too slow to dodge.

I purse my lips together as I brace for impact.

"Hana-chan, watch out!" Cries the Wind Hashira. Sanemi asks me in concern, "Are you okay, Hana-chan?"

I nod as I reply, "Uh huh. I'm fine."

We face our enemy once more. The crazed look returns to his features. "You're gonna pay for that!"

"Am I?" Mocks the demon, much to my shock while Sanemi continues to smirk.

"Bad move! Wind Breathing, Third Form: Rising Dust Storm." Sanemi unleashes several slashes above them but below the earth controlling demon. A slash gets its left side but it dodges the rest.

"Earth Blood Demon Art: Earth's Hellhound," Says the demon as it slams its hands into the ground. The earth rises up underneath him and he jumps up before a pillar shoots towards Sanemi.

Sanemi dodges it with a "Tch!"

"Earth's Hellhound, Threefold!" The demon lands as another part of the earth rises up underneath him. The demon then slams its foot on the ground which then breaks into three segments. The demon leaps into the air and sends each of the pillars towards us.

Sanemi dodges the pillars.

"Flower Breathing, Eighth Form: Hanami," I say as I start to do an endless dance around the enemy who watches me carefully. My sword cuts into its flesh which creates cherry blossoms.

The demon hisses and performs its first technique, causing a pillar of earth to shoot towards me.

I dodge and glare at the demon through my bangs.

"Earth Blood Demon Art: Five Layered Compass," Says the demon. I watch with widened eyes as he lifts a huge slab of earth out of the ground and raises it above his head. With a groan of effort, he throws it at me.

I dodge and it hits the ground with a heavy boom.

"Let's try this one. Earth Blood Demon Art! Mental Trap!" The demon slams it's hands into the ground and five segments rise up around me before they start to spin.

I gasp and feel heat as they begin to burn me.

"Hana!" Sanemi shouts worriedly from outside. I cry out as I'm burned again.