Chapter 7

Hana's P. O. V:

I scream in pain as the walls continue to burn me.

Eventually, they stop and go back into the ground. I moan as I start to collapse.

The Wind Hashira rushes forwards and catches me. "Hey, Hana-chan! Are you okay?"

I moan slightly as my eyes flutter open, and gaze up at him. "I'm okay."

He appears relieved and gently sets me on my feet. I sway a little but don't collapse.

"Earth Blood Demon Art: Five Layered Compass," Says the blonde demon before he lifts a slab of earth and goes to throw it down on us.

Sanemi and I dodge it. "Wind Breathing, Second Form: Claws-Purifying Wind!" He slashes his green nichirin katana diagonally and slashes the demon along his stomach.

"Earth Blood Demon Art: Cliff Slayer," Says the demon. He places his hands on the ground. It breaks apart and five pillars of earth rise up before they spin rapidly around us clockwise at great speeds.

They eventually go back into the ground.

"Earth Blood Demon Art: God Fist," Says the demon, winding up his arms. A massive fist firms out of earth before it shoots straight towards us.

We dodge it and it slams bro the ground.

"Stoning Kick!" The demon says before running at us. He attacks Sanemi and I while swinging out his legs covered with earth. We dance back to avoid them.

"Flower Breathing, Fifth Form: Peonies of Futility," I say and slash at him numerous times, but the demon dodges it.

Sanemi uses his Cold Mountain Wind attack, several slashes increasing above his opponent. The demon swings his legs at is a few more times, and his leg connects with mine at the knee before we push back against each other.

"Heh, not bad, Flower Maiden," He mutters. "Earth Blood Demon Art: Earthquake." The demon puts his hands together and a powerful shockwave blasts towards Sanemi band I. It was followed by a crater opening up vertically towards us.

Sanemi and I leap away to avoid falling into it.

"Earth Blood Demon Art: Boulder Crash," Says the demon. He stomps his foot onto the ground and a massive boulder rises up. He then does a spinning kick which sends the boulder hurtling for me.

I dodge the boulder, glaring.

I run at the demon while swinging my katana, only to narrowly miss his neck. Sanemi was there and swings his own katana, but the demon also avoids his attacks.

"Just stay still!" Sanemi hisses in frustration. "Wind Breathing, Fourth Form: Rising Dust Storm." He slashes several times above him from below his opponent. "Claws-Purifying Wind!" He slashes his sword diagonally and cuts the demon's shoulder.

Sanemi raises his sword and slashes it deeply across his right cheek, much to my concern. Crimson blood drips down and the earth wielding demon immediately goes berserk.

"Sanemi!" I shout fearfully.

He swiftly slashes his katana and the demon's head is on the ground in an instant.

I breathe out in relief as the white haired male smirks at me. "It's over."

I smile a little at that.

🌺🌺🌺

"Your wounds aren't that serious but I would advise you to rest for a few days and take these antibiotics four times a day, two tablets," Says Kocho as she finishes checking my wounds and sets a bottle of tablets on my bedside.

"Thank you, Kocho," I say with a nod. She then smiles teasingly between me and Sanemi, who is waiting beside my bed with his arms crossed.

"I'll leave you two alone," Says Kocho before skipping out of the hospital, closing the door behind her.

I tell Sanemi gratefully, "Thank you for saving me twice earlier."

"Don't mention it," He says. He has a bandage covering his new scarred area on his face.

I ask, "How's your face? Does it hurt much?"

Sanemi waves off my concern as he replies, "Nah. It's nothing."

I speak up a little nervously. "Listen, Sanemi-kun... I... I've always liked you." He starts at this and I feel my face heat up considerably. Why did I just blurt that out loud?!

"You... like me?" Sanemi reiterates, before he starts smirking. "I've always thought you were pretty cute, too." My face blushes deeply again at that. "So, how about when you get out of the hospital, we go on a date?"

I gape at him before I ask, "You... You want to go out with me?"

He nods as he says, "Like I said: I've always thought you were cute. So? How about it?"

I gaze at him with a deep red face for a long moment before I finally answer. "I would love to!"

Sanemi grins as he says, "Great. I'll leave you to rest and go report to Oyakata-sama. I'll check on you tomorrow."

"Okay. Bye, Sanemi-kun," I call after him as he turns and walks out of the hospital.

I sigh but smile to myself at the thought of going on a date with the Wind Hashira. I then lie back down and let my mind wander.