Chapter 25

Hana's P. O. V:

It's been a month since Tanjiro and his friends went to the Hidden Swordsmith Village with Mitsuri and Muichiro. Tanjiro is still recovering in the hospital.

I wake up this morning to find myself trapped in Sanemi's arms with my head on his chest. He'd stayed over the previous night.

We were to go to an emergency Hashira meeting today. Nezuko is now able to walk in the sun, from what I've heard, and Kocho has been working with her.

I comb my fingers through Sanemi's hair, not wanting to wake him up just yet.

About fifteen minutes later, Sanemi peels his eyes open. "Good morning," I murmur.

"Morning," He says in a husky voice filled with sleep. A shiver goes up and down my spine due to how attractive it sounds.

I say, "We've got a Hashira meeting to go to."

"Just a few more minutes?" He asks, pulling me closer.

"Sanemi-kun," I say pointedly.

He pouts as he says, "Alright. I suppose I could get up."

Sanemi and I climb out of bed and we go to get dressed and have breakfast, and I feed the cat, before the Hashira meeting.

                    🌺🌺🌺

I sit next to Sanemi at the meeting place as we wait for Oyakata-sama to arrive.

"Aagh, I envy you guys," Groans Sanemi. "Why can't I bump into Upper Moons?"

Iguro inputs, "It's not like people bump into them all the time. But how are you two doing, Kanroji, Tokito?"

"Oh, yeah! Yes! I'm feeling a lot better," Chimes Kanroji with a blush.

"I... am not at full strength yet," Says Tokito, bandaids in his cheeks.

Himejima says with tears streaking down his cheeks, hands clasped together, "If we lose anymore Hashira, the Demon Hunters will be in trouble... but defeating two Upper Moons without casualties is very noble indeed..."

Kocho states, "You two recovered surprisingly quickly from this."

I question, "Did anything happen?"

Giyu says, "Oyakata-sama probably wants to talk to us about everything, including this."

"I'm very sorry for the wait," Says a woman, causing all heads to turn. "For our Hashira meeting today, I, Amane Ubuyashiki, wi be attending in place of Kagaya Ubuyashiki." Kneeling between one dark haired boy and one white haired girl, both with purple eyes, is a beautiful woman with her long white hair in a ponytail and purple eyes. "Right now, the disease affecting our Master has gotten worse. And he sends his apologies for being unable to attend this meeting in front of you all."

"Understood," Says Himejima. "I will pray for Oyakata-sama's flickering flame of life to last a bit longer, even for just a day. And for you to stay strong, Amane-sama."

"He would like to give his thanks to all the Hashira," She murmurs with her eyes closed. "I'm sure you have all heard this, but we now have a demon who has conquered the sun, and she is here. Muzan Kibutsuji has most likely altered his goals to go after her. So that he can conquer the sun himself. The time for an all-out battle is approaching. Also, we have reports of strange marks appearing on Kanroji-sama and Tokito-sama during their battles against Upper Moons Four and Five. So I would like to ask you two about how you got those marks and what the conditions are to obtain them."

"Marks?!" Kanroji gasps along with Muichiro.

Amane explains, "During the Sengoku Era, there were some swordsmen of the First Breath who were one step away from Muzan Kibutsuji. They all had marks that resembled demon crests." We all gasp at this. "The knowledge has been passed down though, so some people should know about this."