Chapter 20

Hana's P. O. V:

I sit at the table on the back veranda with Kocho while beaming.

"Someone looks happy," She notes.

"Sanemi-kun and I went on another date last night," I tell her.

"You did?! Did you two confess?!" Kocho asks eagerly.

"N-No! We just talked and then he walked me home."

"Oh. Is he taking you out again?"

"I don't know," I admit. "He went on a mission with Giyu. I think they should be back soon, though."

"I always knew you and Shinazugawa would make a good couple," Kocho gushes. I blush at that.

"How are things going between you and Giyu?" I ask.

"We're just friends," She tells me.

"If you say so," I mumble. We spend the next couple of hours chatting until Kocho leaves. I relax in my home for the day until my kusagai crow, Ayaka, appears at my living room window.

I go and open it.

"Caw, caw, Hana Sugisaki, you're to go to the nearby forest and help Giyu Tomioka and Sanemi Shinazugawa defeat a group of demons. Caw, caw!"

She flies off and I go to get ready for my mission.

However, it still takes me sometime to get there a half an hour after my kusagai crow came. I leap through the trees until I spot two familiar people standing before a bunch of demons.

As I leap down in between Giyu and Sanemi, the Wind Hashira tells me, "You're late."

I retort, "I'm never late!"

Giyu asks, "Can we focus on the situation at hand?"

I ask, "What is it?"

Sanemi tells me, "We're just having more trouble than we thought with these teme. Think you can lend us a hand?"

I throw him a grin as I say, "I think I can. Flower Breathing, Fourth Form: Crimson Hagoromo!"

I dash forward and slash my sword in a curve before twisting gracefully, cutting off a couple of demon heads in the process.

I call back to the males as I look over my shoulder, "Think you boys can keep up?!"

They stare at me for a moment or two before they both snap out of it and dive into the fray, with Sanemi smirking.

"So it's a challenge, huh?! Fine by me! Wind Breathing, First Form: Dust Whirlwind Cutter!" Sanemi dashes forward at blinding speed and slashes his green nichirin katana continuously in a horizontal cyclone pattern.

"Water Breathing, Third Form: Flowing Dance," Says Giyu before he twists his sword gracefully along his body while dashing forwards, slicing through the heads of several demons.

"Flower Breathing, Eighth Form: Macabre Aroma of Raafflesia," I say before I start spinning while sending out the Rafflesia scent. I take out five more demons. "Flower Breathing, Second Form: Honourable Shadow Plum." I slash my sword as I rotate it as a bunch of demons come at me. They try to attack me but my defence technique blocks them.

When it ceases, I slice my katana through their necks.

"Wind Breathing, Fourth Form: Rising Dust Storm," Says Sanemi, performing several slashes above his enemies from below them, taking them out.

"Water Breathing, Fourth Form: Striking Tide," Says Giyu before thrusting his water covered sword forward, and the demons collapse.

"Flower Breathing, Fifth Form: Peonies of Futility," I say before I slash nine consecutive times with my sword and take out more demons. "Flower Breathing, Tenth Form: Hanami."

I start dancing about the demons while cutting my katana into them. As I do, cherry blossoms rain from their bodies before I behest them.

Sanemi, Giyu and I continue taking out each of the demons, the night wearing on.

We eventually manage to defeat all of them and I gaze around.

"Looks like we're finished here," I declare as I flick blood off my sword before sheathing it. The boys do the same.

"Definitely. Didn't think we'd ever finish this mission," Says Sanemi.

I tease, smirking at him, "You two only only managed to complete the mission because I was here."

"What was that? I probably could've taken care of it myself!"

"Oh, really?" I put my hand on my hip as Sanemi scowls.

Giyu mumbles something incoherent under his breath which irritates the white haired male more.

"You say something, Tomioka?!"

"I'm just saying I'm grateful for Hana's assistance," The Water Breather says quietly and calmly as he flicks his gaze to me. I smile appreciatively at him.

"Why, thank you, Giyu. I'm glad someone appreciates me coming all the way out here." I throw my boyfriend a pointed look.

".... I guess he's right. Thank you, Hana-chan," Sanemi says, much to Giyu's surprise.

I then beam at him before I go over and plant a kiss on Sanemi's cheek. "You're welcome." His face turns red. "Now, let's go back and give our report."

The boys nod and together, we go back to the Demon Slayer Headquarters to give our report.