Rewrite Chapter 1

1995- Raleigh, North Carolina

A Watcher stood doing his job on a rooftop, he watched as his assignment, a stupid fourty year old female immortal with a penchant for trouble. He would be happy if she had her death, maybe he would get a better assignment, the immortal who she fought was one he recognized as a one hundred year old immortal names Timothy who had quite a bit of luck and skill.

He watched in silence unable to see the actual fight but it wasnt long before the signs of a quickening began. He waited awhile before he entered the alley way to find the body of a young immortal female. The head was gone, that was unsurprising considering Timothy was known for collecting the heads of his enemies.

Unknown to the Watcher a woman was currently driving away in a large SUV, and in the back the decapitated head of a man lay. The woman glanced to a picture stuck in the air vent of her car and smiled "Time to go home."

_________________________________________________

Paris, France

Adam Pierson was a good looking young man, he might have even been handsome if he had stood up straight and showed a bit of confidence. At least that's what he was often told by his bosses wife, Christine, who cared for him as a son or a nephew. Adam would simply smile at her and slouch just a little bit lower in his seat as though embarrassed. 

Adam had been recruited into the Watchers in college and he was currently in the Watchers headquarters alongside his mentor, Don Salzer.

"This is going to change the world of the Watchers, Adam, having everything on one disc... Its revolutionary." Don said and Adam nodded distractedly as he noticed a Watcher that he had made it his business to know. He stood "Excuse me a moment."

Adam approached the man with a greeting "David isnt it? I thought you were on assignment in America."

The Watcher nodded "I was, my assignment was killed and now I'm back home."

David didnt notice the way his fellow Watcher clenched his fists as Adam asked "Oh, how did that happen?"

The man shrugged blythly "The same way it happens to every other stupid immortal who thinks their better than they are. She took on a guy she couldn't beat, and so ends the life of Rose Martin."

Adam bit his lip slightly before he continued "You know, working in archives, I've never seen a quickening, what was it like?"

David sighed "I didn't see much, but man what I saw sure looked amazing."

"So you didn't see her head get taken?"

The Watcher frowned looking Adam over suspiciously "Hey what are you trying to say man? I did my job, I checked the body afterwards, it was Rose, not Thomas, all the marks were there... Every single one."

Adam turned away abruptly leaving the room, Don watching his friend quickly stood to follow.

"Adam!" The old man called as he caught up to his young friend outside, Adam was leaned against a car obviouslytrying to keep his cool as he sucked in deep breaths of air.