Chapter 6

(Before the events of Chivalry)

A young man broke into an apartment in France, he shook his head at the sounds of people rushing around trying to get dressed in the bedroom. He moved that direction and shoved the door open and raised an eyebrow at what was in front of him.

"What if I was here to take one of your heads? You going to fight in nothing but a sheet and your underwear?"

Methos and Esther glared at the younger immortal who had just barged into their rooms. Esther was wrapped in a sheet because she couldn't find her clothes, and Methos was in only his boxers.

"Do you have to barge in Noah?"

The boy grinned at his sister

"Sis, I had to live through you guys having a 10 year honeymoon. I am scarred and at this point I have little shame when it comes to barging into your rooms. Sheesh half the time it wasn't even your rooms."

Methos moved forward grabbing the boys shoulder and pressing down on his pressure points as he pushed him through the door.

"Ouch, ouch sis he's hurting me."

Slam the door was shut behind him

"If he wasnt your brother"

"Oh don't you be blaming me for this you had as big a hand in raising him as I did. Now where are my pants?"

After they both found their clothes and walked out they found Noah fangirling over the sword Darius had left behind for Esther.

"Oh, my baby, my darling, I thought I had lost you forever! Where did you find her?"

Methos rolled his eyes "I forgot you talked to that sword like its your wife."

"Shhh he didnt mean it baby"

Esther shook her head at the two men who tended to bicker back and forth whenever they were in the same room. But in truth the two had almost a father-son relationship, Noah had more memories with Methos then he did with his real father Joshua. And Methos had raised him, trained him, taught him about life, protected him.

"Darius had it."

Noah looked at his sister and nodded sadly

It made sense Darius tended to somehow get ahold of artifacts all the time. He missed the priest who was always kind to him, and had been there for his sister at a time where he was being a jerk.

"Not to change the subject, but what are you doing here?"

Methos interupped Noahs train of thought and he frowned for a second before his eyes widened he had forgotten

"Oh yeah, we have a job to do David and Elijah sent me to grab you because the phone has been off the hook."

He pointed to the phone that was lying on the floor and looked at the two older immortals his sister at least  currently had a sheepish look on her face.