Chapter IV: Together Breakfast

Start from the beginning

They were interrupted by the temple door opening, Amethyst's room behind it.

"Wait, that's my door!" Amethyst shape-shifted back to her normal form, dropping the water gun.

Pearl exited the temple, holding a sword in her hands.

"Oh, Amethyst, there you are," she said. "Care to explain why one of my swords was in your room?"

"Having a sword party?"

"Oh, please! You took it!"

"I did not!"

Pink groaned and massaged her temples.

She normally found it funny when they bickered, but after the past few days she's had, it was just giving her a headache.

Pearl seemed to notice and put a stop to the argument. "It's fine, it's in the past. I forgive you."

Amethyst groaned and rolled her eyes.

"Also, I cleaned up your awful, awful mess. You're welcome."

"YOU DID WHAT!? I HAVE A SYSTEM!"

She darted through the temple door, much to Steven's dismay. "Amethyst, wait!"

"What's the matter Steven?" Pearl asked.

Steven sighed. "I wanted all of us to eat breakfast together, so I made Together Breakfast, but everyone keeps leaving."

"Oh, that's nice." Pearl said dismissively, entering her own room.

Pink could vaguely see the water towers in her room, before the door closed.

"No, not you too!" Steven banged on the door, before sighing.

"What about you, Pink?"

"Ugh, sorry Steven," Pink started. "But being stuck with Garnet that long left me really drained. I think I need a nap after all that."

Pink flopped down on the couch, planting her face into a pillow.

"Aww," Steven slumped his shoulders. "Why do you guys hate each other so much?"

Pink let out a muffled sigh. "It's not that we hate each other, it's just that... it's complicated."

She began to drift off as Steven looked at the ground with disappointment.

Then, his face filled with determination. "No! I can't let this become Together Brunch!"

He grunted as he tried to open the door with his powers. He did it once, so he had to be able to do it again, right?

He grunted as he tried to open the door, grinning as he saw it slide open with Pearl's room behind it.

The sound of the door opening woke Pink back up. She opened one of her eyes, seeing Steven going into the temple.

Her breath hitched, falling off the couch and darting towards the door.

She slipped her arm through the door last second, letting out a squeak of pain as the door crushed her arm.

She grunted as she pulled the door back open, following Steven into Pearl's room.

"Steven! What are you doing!?" She whispered-yelled.

They saw Pearl on top of one of the water towers, both momentarily getting distracted.

They watched as she danced gracefully, and a circle of swords rose from the water around her.

She put the missing sword back in its scabbard, before noticing it was crooked. She fixed it and then smiled in satisfaction. "There we go."

"HEY PEARL!!" Steven yelled, ignoring Pink's protests.