Chapter IV: Together Breakfast

Garnet and Pink had just gotten from a mission.

It was pretty rare that the two went on missions, since the two didn't really get along.

To be more specific, Garnet hated Pink and Pink was afraid of Garnet.

However, Pink was the only other gem available at the time so they just had to roll with it.

-

They arrived back at the beach house through the warp pad, seeing Steven at the counter.

Next to him was a stack of waffles drizzled in syrup, with whipped cream and a strawberry on top, sprinkled with popcorn.

"Ah, Garnet! Pink! Perfect!" Steven picked up the breakfast and approached them.

"It's not exactly healthy, but it's in a stack.. so I guess you could say it's a balanced breakfast?"

Pink let out a snicker at the horrible pun while Garnet remained silent.

"Y'know, I made us all breakfast," Steven held up the plate. "I thought we could all eat together, lik-like best buds!"

"Are you sure that's big enough for all 5 of us?" Pink questioned, raising a brow.

"I can't stay," Garnet stated. "There's business to attend to inside the temple."

Garnet approached the temple door, and the door opened to the bubble room.

"Awww, business? Like what?" Steven asked disappointedly, setting the breakfast down on the table.

Garnet showed him the scroll she was holding in her left hand. It was covered in strange glowing markings, and you could hear ominous whispers coming from it.

"Cool!" Steven pulled out his phone and snapped a picture of it.

Garnet ripped the phone from hands. "I have to burn this too."

Without another word, Garnet disappeared into the temple, the door closing behind her.

"No! My apps!"

Pink looked at him with sympathy. "Sorry bud. Once I have the money, I'll buy you a new one."

Amethyst suddenly burst in, shape-shifted into a police officer, holding a water gun. "DUMB POLICE! YOU'RE DUMB!"

She sent a spray of water towards the breakfast Steven prepared, making him scream in horror.

"NOOOOOOOOOO!"

He jumped in front of the breakfast, getting hit by the water blast instead.

Amethyst cackled, shape-shifting her head back to normal. "Oh, man! I totally got you! You should've seen the look on your face!"

Steven gave her an annoyed glance. "I knew it was you."

Amethyst scoffed. "How?"

"Because that's a water gun," Steven answered, changing into a dry shirt, "and I'm not dumb."

"You got something on your shirt." Amethyst said.

Steven, falling for it, looked down at his shirt.

Amethyst sprayed him with the water gun again, laughing.

"Amethyst, cut that out!" Pink interjected, crossing her arms.

"Ugh. You're no fun." Amethyst rolled her eyes, before spraying her with the water gun instead.

"OH YOU LITTLE SH-" Pink's temper flared. She clenched her fists, and her pupils went white for a moment.

One of Pink's bad traits is that she had a short fuse. She's usually decent at controlling it, but every so often she snapped. It didn't help that she was burnt out and overestimulated, as well.