Chapter I: "Gem" Glow

"NOOOOOOOOO!"

Everyone in the Big Donut cringed as the loud yell, courtesy of Steven, pierced their ears.

Why was he screaming? Because Cookie Cat had been discontinued.

"This can't be happening! Tell me this is a dream!"

Steven barreled himself at Lars and hugged his leg, much to the latter's annoyance."Lars! Lars, please tell me this is a dream!"

"Get off me, man! I'm stocking here." Lars shoved Steven off of him.

"I'm sorry, Steven. I guess they just stopped making them," Sadie said apologetically.

"Stopped making them? Why in the world would they stop making Cookie Cats? They're only the most scrumptious ice cream ever made!" Steven exclaimed. "Don't they have laws for this!?"

"Tough bits, man." Lars shrugged. "Nobody buys them anymore. I guess they couldn't compete with Lion Lickers."

Steven wrinkled his nose with a groan. "Not Lion Lickers! Nobody likes them!" He complained. "They don't even look like real lions! Kids these days, I'll tell you what."

Steven crossed his arms. He turned around, seeing Pink, who was accompanying him, in the middle of grabbing one out of the freezer.

He narrowed his eyes at her. "Traitor..."

"What? I think they're tasty," Pink defended herself.

Pink looked pretty much the same as she did three years ago, with a few small changes.

She still had the gray hoodie, although now she wore a pair of baggy cargo pants and some steel toe combat boots. 

She also carried a broadsword on her back, gifted to her by Pearl since she originally didn't have a weapon.

She technically didn't need to have her sword on her back, since she could just materialize it in her hand.

She just kept it there so people didn't try to talk to her.

"Well, If you miss your wimpy ice cream so much, why don't you ask your weird tall mom to make more with her magic belly button?" Lars sneered.

"That isn't how it works, Lars! And she's not my mom!"

"I wish I could make magic ice cream. That'd be dope," Pink said as she put a dollar on the counter and tore open the wrapper to her Lion Lickers.

She knew that as a Crystal Gem, her duty was to protect humanity. However, sometimes she really wanted to punch Lars in his smug face.

Steven let out a sigh, turning back to the Cookie Cat freezer. "Oh sweet Cookie Cat, with your crunchy cookie outside, and your icy creamy inside. You were too good for this world..."

Steven hugged the freezer, and he didn't let go.

"Uh, Steven?" Sadie tried to get his attention, unsuccessfully.

Steven continued to hug the freezer like it was the last thing on Earth.

"...Do you want to take the freezer with you?"

Steven looked at Sadie, almost at the point of tears, and nodded.

Pink looked at Sadie with a bit of concern. "Are you sure he's just allowed to take it?" She asked.

"Yeah," Sadie shrugged. "We're not gonna need it anymore."

"If you say so.."

-

Steven hummed happily, carrying the freezer on his back like a backpack.

"You seem like you're in a better mood," Pink observed.