Chapter VII: The Lion

The Crystal Gems were on a mission that took them to the desert.

The gems were unaffected by the heat, but Steven was not.

"W-water..." Steven panted, dragging himself through the sand. "So thirsty... for water..."

"It'll be safer if you stand up and walk." Pearl informed him, a bit annoyed at his theatrics.

"You don't understand..." Steven said dramatically. "This is how you're supposed to act in... the desert..."

Steven let out a groan as he stood up. "Is this the thing? The place?"

"Yes, Steven." Garnet responded. "The power in this structure has turned aimless."

"It's building columns with no roofs, stairs that go nowhere - This is out of control!" Pearl exclaimed.

"Then I guess we better..." Amethyst jumped over Steven and rolled down the hill of sand they were standing on. "...Roll on over there."

"That was a bit unnecessary."

Amethyst mocked her under her breath, rolling her eyes.

"Excuse me?"

"I'd rather just walk," Pink remarked. "This sand is so hot it might as well turn into glass."

Suddenly they heard a loud roar.

Pink instinctively summoned her sword, thinking it could be a corrupted gem.

"What was that?" Steven asked, looking around nervously.

"Let's go!" Amethyst shouted, moving forward and ignoring the obvious roar they just heard.

Garnet looked back at Steven. "It'll be best if you stay here, Steven." She told him.

"We'll be quick." Pearl added.

"But what if something eats me!?" Steven fretted, to which Garnet ruffled his hair.

"Do not worry, wet one," she assured, flicking some of his sweat back onto his face. "There's nothing out here that can harm you."

Garnet jumped off the hill. "See you soon."

Pink slid down behind her, putting her sword away.

Amethyst tossed the desert glass up and down as they made their way back.

"Amethyst, bubble it away!" Pearl exclaimed.

"No! Quit being jealous Pearl. My kill, my keep."

"I'm not jealous! Just be careful! If you drop it in the sand, it'll rebuild everything!"

When they made it back to where they left Steven, Pearl was quick to summon her spear.

There was a fucking lion right behind Steven. And a big one, at that.

"STEVEN!? WHAT IS THAT!?" Pearl screamed, before noticing that Steven had his hands in its mouth. "What are you doing??"

Pink was about to grab her sword, but something inside was telling her that this lion wasn't a threat.

It almost looked familiar. It actually kind of looked like her.

"Stop! It's okay!" Steven exclaimed, jumping in front of the lion. "Look, he's totally tame!"

"That's impossible!" Pearl stated, clutching her spear like a harpoon.

"Wait, I think Steven's right." Pink interrupted.

She approached the lion slowly and knelt down in front of it. It tilted its head, before licking her hand.

"Aww, he likes you!"

To Forget || Steven Universeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें