"It's fine. They will stop on their own," I retorted, clasping my other hand over my bleeding palm.

"Go," he said a bit more sternly.

I sighed, but ultimately began moving past the waiting residents. Who shot me indignant glances, before realizing who I was. Not just some resident cutting the line.

Sullivan defeatedly sulked away from Fenwick. His posture slouched, thwarted by the castigation he just received. It appeared that he hadn't slept at all.  His puffy red eyes enrobed with dark circles underneath them encountered mine.

"Miss Morrigan," he shrilled, seemingly surprised to see me.

"Is there something wrong?" I questioned. Observing Fenwick's watchful eyes glued on us, specifically Sullivan. A scornful expression swarming his face. While he tried to have a conversation with another scientist.

"Um... No... of course not," he hesitantly replied, pushing against his glasses. "It seems you have hurt yourself," he examined my bloody hand, attempting to change the subject.

"I was seeing if someone could get me a bandage or something."

"All our nurses are preoccupied with injections... I'll grab one for you," he squeaked, before awkwardly maneuvering around the line entering med bays threshold.

I shifted my weight, under Fenwick's scrutinizing beam. Fortunately Sullivan returned rather quickly, blocking my view of his fiery gaze.

"Let me," he urgently said, sprouting goosebumps down my spine. I slightly cocked my head at his eagerness to bandage my hand. Typically he would have tossed me the roll, and sprinted down the hallway. My chest tightened, feeling perturbed.

He slowly undid the roll of bandages, his mouth parting a couple times as if something were on the tip of his tongue. He shook his head before wrapping the bandage around my palm. His eyes met mine, screaming something at me I couldn't comprehend. Sinking my heart into my stomach.

"Sullivan what is wrong?" I whispered, glancing over my shoulder at Ezra and Ethan who were blissfully ignorant to the tenseness encapsulating the scientists.

"Yo-"

"Miss Morrigan, lovely to see you," Fenwick interrupted, giving me a warm smile that felt forced. His eyes shroud in an emotion I couldn't decipher. "Are you alright?" he asked, inspecting Sullivan's trembling hands finishing the bandage.

"Yes, just an accident," I answered, attempting to hide the worry I felt.

He placed a hand on my shoulder, "Good, can't have the most important person here miss the celebration."I had completely forgotten about the celebration that was commencing that every resident could join after receiving the injection. "I must attend to a matter in the labs, but I would like to speak with you later," he let his hand fall.

"Okay," I dryly responded, pulling my now bandaged hand back to myself.

"Great, Sullivan I need your assistance as well," he placed his arm around Sullivan practically dragging him away from me. Sullivan sent me one last haunting look over his shoulder, almost resembling a regretful one.

Ezra lifted Jenna onto one of the hospital beds, holding her hand. She winced as the dark haired male nurse wiped the antiseptic wipe across the skin on her bicep. Gripping Ezra's hand so tightly her knuckles had turned white. Her frightened teary eyes bounced between Ezra and I while the nurse uncapped a fresh syringe teeming with a cloudy transparent liquid.

She let out a squeal as the nurse stuck the needle into her flesh. Before her face relaxed. "That wasn't that bad," she announced, smiling to herself, as the nurse pulled out the needle.