¢hptr61 : 𝘐𝘮𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘭𝘺 𝘗𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘦𝘤𝘵

◂◊◎◊▸

On the other hand, Nanami kept walking, not knowing where she was going while trying to clear her thoughts and get some air into her suffocated lungs.

Like Tsukishima said earlier (that she didn't hear since she was outside), she also had the same thought. That just them trivially fighting against each other... it was so frustrating and yet also proved their fears correct.

There was no point in saying it hurt anymore, it was always like that.

She took in a deep breath trying to pull back the tears. She wasn't gonna deny that she was almost at tears, but they weren't from sadness, it was just that frustrating.

She reached the back of the school building near the track field where she had first told Kageyama at the beginning of the year about a place to practice.

Her legs gave up and she crouched on the ground with her folded arms on her knees, just sitting in the calm. Did she ever enjoy any calm before? She was always no matter what, restless. Even a moment of silence was too much for her. But there she was, not wanting to move from the slight amount of peace.

If this was influenced by another of his effects on her, she was gonna blast.

She couldn't help but remember how all this came about; coming to Karasuno, the first time she met Tsukishima, joining the club, the number of times they clashed but how soon along the way, all this happened.

They bickered, they ignored, they annoyed each other, they ignored, they had a moderate conversation, had petty arguments as usual, but then they kissed at the mall, they talked, they walked home together, they hugged, they celebrated his birthday, went on dates, met at night for the sake of it, teased, flirted... and then they fought. It was hard trying to choke back the tears. She didn't ask for all this, but it happened, she let her heart be swayed in the moment. And the fruit-

Kiyoko and Hitoka who were going around searching for her finally found her at the far end of the school building. Hitoka thought it's probably where she was, in an unusual place since she was prone to getting lost. Even if this was the school, in her condition, there was no way she'd remember where she was going. And she was right.

Nanami heard the crunch of footsteps with slight annoyance and looked up, her expression turning to recognition when she saw the two girls.

"Nami..." Kiyoko said.

"Oh, why're you guys here?" Nanami asked, her face putting on a mask again.

"Is it... comfortable to sit there?" Kiyoko asked and both the juniors wondered why the hell she was asking such an off topic question in surprise.

"Oh, uh, I don't know, I just thought it was peaceful... you guys can join if you want."

Kiyoko was surprised at the 'peaceful'. After a while of getting to know her, she didn't take Nanami as someone who normally liked peaceful. But she nodded and sat down beside her, so did Hitoka.

Hitoka wanted to say something earlier but decided to follow Kiyoko's lead. They sat in silence for a while. Just when she wondered if Kiyoko was even gonna do or say anything or maybe she was mistaken about the senpai having a plan, to her surprise, Nanami spoke up first.

"I thought you guys would ask something... or say something."

"Do we need to?"

Nanami paused, looking down, with her head still on her folded arms that were on her knees. She felt like she at least owed them a minimum explanation against all the lies she told till now.