¢hptr58 : 𝘗𝘶𝘣𝘭𝘪𝘤

◂◊◎◊▸

She remembered all those times that lead up to this and she was happy.

The amount of restraint.

The darn amount of restraint it took for Nanami to stop herself from going up to jump him in a hug. Thank God for Noya and Tanaka ambushing him first or she'd have really done it.

"Tsu-ki-shi-ma!! You finally found it!" she said brightly holding up a high five, 'let's settle for this.' She herself was surprised at being able to hold back, her being able to.

He got released from their hold and stared at her for a moment, she almost thought he would ignore it, but he raised his hands and returned it with a smile.

Her muscles were rock hard from the effort of holding herself back and hardening her heart to stay still and not do anything reckless. His slight smirk after that showed that he knew about her plight. 'This asshole...'

Tanaka and Noya looked at him in shock. At first Tanaka looked at it through his filtered vision, thinking Tsukishima would condescendingly ignore Nanami's high five but was proven wrong and beyond when he returned it with an actual smile. Even for a normal Tsukishima it was super weird.

Noya turned to her brightly holding up his hands, "Can I get a high five too Nami-chan?!"

"Try blocking Ushijima first for that" Tsukishima smirked.

"I received his serves and spikes okay! You also said that without my receives you couldn't have blocked his spike!" Noya turned to him and shouted pointing at him.

Tsukishima turned his head away reluctantly. Tanaka looked at him in shock. Understanding that frown on his face to be one of jealousy, he sneered.

"Me too! Nami-chan! I spiked and connected so many receives!"

Nanami hesitated with a glance at Tsukishima but still returned the high fives or it'd be rude and not to mention weird.

Tsukishima for one knew that at least Tanaka did that on purpose and turned, walking away.

Noya jumped and hopped away holding his hands high up, cheered up at getting a high five from her.

Right after that Nanami stared at Tanaka's back with narrowed eyes, "Tanaka-san." The guy flinched and froze. "You at least did that on purpose didn't you?"

"Wh-what do you mean?" he laughed nervously.

She shook her head and then smirked, "Pass the message, 'later' to him, won't you? You won't be a homewrecker, would you?" that would kill two birds with one stone by making Tanaka very uncomfortable and solving Tsukishima's problem.

She knew Tsukishima would try and shake off what happened earlier. But he would definitely, without knowing have a slight bit of uneasy feeling inside him. She didn't want that either.

Tanaka froze up with the word, 'later' echoeing in his ears.

He turned around immediately towards her, "N-N-Nami-chan what do you mean by 'later'?!"

She turned away this time with a wave back at him, "None of your business Tanaka-san, except delivering the message as a recompense, thank you. Oh, and better before the next set starts."

Just then Hinata called to Tsukishima and grinned with a thumbs up, "That one point was worth 100 points, right?!"

Tsukishima lowered his head with a small smile and lifted it up with a sneering one, "Thanks" his expression clearly said, 'If you're a middle blocker, you try it too'.