¢hptr2: 𝘈 𝘩𝘰𝘵 𝘷𝘪𝘣𝘦

(Art made by me✌🏻)

◂◊◎◊▸

Hitoka was dazed for a second until she quickly dragged Nanami and turned her around in a crouch, whispering, "There're so many boys there! It's... filled with them. Are-aren't you like- but that's so- scary" she said with a shiver, "they're supposed to be tall too aren't they? Towering like that, athletes..."

Nanami grinned and poked her index on Hitoka's forehead who leaned back with eyes squeezed shut cutely, "What're you thinking right there in that cute little head of yours? They're only human beings. I'm one too. And apparently they already have one pretty manager. I'm not alone." she pointed back with her thumb at the black haired girl.

"Oh sorry!! Of course they won't be as tall for you." And she was a bit relieved just realizing that Nanami won't be alone.

"Well, I am quite tall for a girl... anyways, you don't have to come if you don't want to. You know, since they're all scary boys. I just want to check it out, I know volleyball at least."

She imagined once again whatever it was and shook her head frantically with her arms in a cross.

"Thought so. I'll be back in a bit."

"Will you be okay?! I can really come if you want to. You know cuz anything could happen..." she still thought of Nanami as being uncomfortable among all the attention and unfamiliar interacting with people so that's why she hung out with someone like her.

"Of course, don't worry I'll be fine. You could say... I'm familiar with the job." she got up and turned around to the pretty girl, "Yeah, I'm thinking of joining."

She had no plans on it at first, but after seeing those two... The ones who showed her the most interesting match of all junior high matches there in Miyagi...

She'll be bored anyways, so she bowed "Please accept me." Internally she apologized to a few friends of hers, she was gonna be someone else's manager for the first time.

◂◊◎◊▸

And so here she was, in front of the volleyball gym, beside Shimizu-senpai, after handing her application form a few minutes ago and saying bye to Hitoka who very concernedly whispered to call her later so she can make sure Nanami lived. She's really so cute.

Nanami borrowed the pretty-senpai's spare court shoes since she didn't have hers at the moment, "thanks... for the shoes"

"It's alright," she had a small smile, she really looked pretty when she smiles, "I'm happy that someone still wants to be a manager. We'll only be sh-"

"No matter how obnoxious you are, I'll do my best to keep from seeing you!" ginger swung his arm to the side.

"that's my line, you idiot!" Tobio Kageyama shouted.

"Um..." Shimizu-san called out and they turned to see the two girls, "can you let us through?"

Both parted silently and they walked past them. Nanami glanced back for a brief moment with a straight face and their eyes met hers.

She wondered if she'll actually even see them play after joining the club so impulsively because of them. If not, she'll be highly disappointed and pissed.

But if the two were polished, the fallen crows might as well gain wings.

Nanami looked forward as Shimizu slid the door open. That moment felt like she was stripped down bare to exposure.

Baldy came running first.

'Oh. it's been a year baldy.'

"Kiyoko-san, good to see you. I'll get that for you."