Chapter 10

I would read history and see that most people of consequence in the world have not been from the ranks of the truly poor. Sure there are exceptions, exceptionally strong individuals who overcome very difficult circumstances. Poverty for the most part is painful and limiting. When money is limited, the choices are also limited.

If I am not poor, I could easily buy something I want. The constraints of poverty often limit access to resources and opportunities, shaping a challenging reality for individuals. Financial limitations restrict educational prospects, and many more. I hated poverty as much as I hated criminals but for some reason I learned how to embrace it.

Poverty teaches you to survive with limited means. You learn to accept the harsh realities of life and find happiness in little things. You don't need materialistic things like dining out or indulging in retail therapy for one fleeting moment of happiness. Instead, you invest time and effort in more meaningful things.

Just like what i am doing today, I wanted to buy something for myself but I don't have enough money to do it so, that's why I planned to apply for part time jobs that could fit in my skills and abilities.

Working to get a gift for ourselves teaches us the value of effort and accomplishment. The process of earning a gift fosters a sense of achievement, instilling the importance of hard work and dedication. It highlights that rewards are often proportional to the effort invested.

"Last store" I uttered while holding grip on my resume.

It's hard to find part time jobs today, sa ibang nadaanan ko kasi ay puro full time ang hanap.

I planned to start applying sa mga milktea shops kasi medyo gamay ko naman ang paggawa nito tutal may cookery naman kaming major sa T.L.E noon. If ever na hindi pa ako matanggap dito, lilipat na ako sa mga pang karinderya. Kahit paghuhugas lang ng plato 'yan neng ay ok na ako.

I entered the store confidently, holding all the positivity in mind.

"Good Morning Ma'am what can I-"

"What are you doing here?!" I and Harif said in chorus, He was in long sleeve polo and black pants with brown apron and cap.

I soon realize that base on his clothes, he's working here.

Kaletche letche naman ng buhay ko ano?

Kanina lang ang optimism ko ngayon at nakita ko 'tong jablo na ito ay parang sasapi na ako kay Lucifer para sunugin ang kaluluwa niya.

"You're working here?" I asked out of curiosity, mayayaman ang mga Verlice they hold very huge companies like construction sites, factories, including small businesses. He don't need to work here since he have a lot of money to use.

"Obvious ba? Ikaw anong ginagawa mo rito?" He asked in an irritated voice while wiping one of the table.

Ang sungit talaga, may regla 'yan?

"Pake mo" Masungit ko ring sagot dito habang nakahalukipkip. This store is supposed to be my last shot but because of this bastard, mukhang mapupunta talaga ako paghuhugas ng mga pinggan.

"If hindi ka oorder, bukas ang pinto. Hindi namin kaylangan ng estante rito." He said while still busy fixing the chairs and wiping the table.

Napapaarko na lang ang kilay ko sa bulalas ng mga bunganga niya. Mabuti na lang at nasa may kalayuan ang nga customer, hindi maririnig ang kabanasan nitong lalakeng 'to.

"Is that how you handle your costumer Mr. Verlice? Where's your manager?" I asked with authority, I deserve to be here rather than this heartless man standing across to me. I'll kick him out to beat him.