" huh," Wolfram laughed dryly " Im only here as an envoy and prefer not to involve in any of this. But let me ask you, what garuntee is there that the kingdom wouldnt suffer a greater peril by God's wrath?"

Xola shook her head somberly "There's no greater misery than war"

"I doubt that " Wolfram sighed "If I was in your position Ill gladly take the option of war over displeasing God"

"We are not you " Xola huffed .

"Im glad " Wolfram said flatly "I rather not be in your position"

"How does My Lord plan to contain it?" Xola asked over her shoulder .

"A curious one, arent you?"

The pit rumbled like an ancient sleeping beast that was being stirred awake. They both quietened .

"It wont take long now" Xola assured.

"Good "

Raven lowered his lips to River's ear
"What should we do?"

His breath tickled River, making him inch away from the man. "When she hands it over to Lord Wolfram, do things your way"

Raven knitted his brows "which is ?"

"Knock him out"

Raven scoffed "Missy wants me to maul his suitor?"

"Desperate times calls for desperate meassures" River held his sleeve to his nose. He had turned in to a human faucet of blood . "Ill distract them , My Lord snatch it"

Raven nodded furiously .

Why do you look like you are enjoying this?

"I heard Lord Alistair found them " Xola said . "And pawned them off at Saltstand "

"Im not saying Alistair is dumb," Wolfram laughed "but if the man thinks any slower he will be going back in time "

The pit made another rumble . A small ball of condensed golden light floated up excruciatingly slowly from inside of it .

River signalled Raven to be ready to take action . The ball was still hovering over the pit, out of reach. It was undoubtedly hot enough to burn through someone's palm.

"Do you think he is here to get them back?"

"She's on to us " Raven scowled.

"He is " Wolfram replied "He simply cant"

Xola looked at him in question

"That would require him to take on the impossible task of growing a brain"

River heard Raven cursing his mother under his breath.

The golden orb floated over ,like an enormous firefly. Everyone in the chamber held their breaths ,watching it in trepidation ,waiting for it cross the brink.

"Do you think he knows what this is ?"

"Do you ?"

"I dont" Xola replied "God only told us that it is a object capable of doing great evil and that only gold can contain it. And that we must hold on to it and find other fragments"

Wolfram snapped his head up "what do you mean fragments ? There's only one more "

"No there-"

River blinked and missed it. He heard it. He heard it all clearly. The piercing whistle of it slicing through air, the nauseating squelch of a blade digging in to vulnerable flesh ,the sharp explosion of it hitting the stone floor and grounding itelf.