Her eyes met mine making her face go red, "Okay, maybe that's just a fantasy of mine... When did you see Miyachi and Airi?"

She didn't need to tell me it was a fantasy, I could've made that out eventually.

"A few days ago. Akito can juggle, apparently. He completely destroyed me in that task..."

I had stood no chance.

"He can juggle, huh?" Haruka said with an arched brow, "I'm so jealous of you, I wanted to see him juggle! In fact, I'm also jealous of Airi, she has someone to talk to the entire exam. I've only had my own thoughts... And let me tell you, that does not go well at 3 a.m. in the night."

I can't relate since I had Nanase for most of the exam, and I still had Suzune yesterday. Today's probably the first day in almost a week where I'll be alone for most of it.

"I wonder how Keisei's doing though. He doesn't know anyone in his group all that well," I muttered.

Haruka shrugged, "Eh, he'll be fine, probably... Maybe."

Knowing Keisei, he's probably exhausted by now. But he's going to try and contribute nonetheless, which is admirable.

"Kiyopon, since you're trying to get first and all, you should give me some of that one million, it's a great idea in my eyes."

"I'm sure it is..."

"So is that a yes?"

"Nope."

Haruka pouted, crossing her arms under her chest, "No fair! Why won't you let me be a freeloader?"

"You answered that question yourself."

"I was being sarcastic..."

"Oh."

I admit, I'm bad at picking up sarcasm.

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a man with slicked-back blonde hair step foot into the area, a calm expression on his face.

"Oh, it's Koenji."

Taking a look up from his tablet, Koenji found me. His eyes were like a hawk, focused on me with intense precision as he began to approach.

I put a hand on my knee, using it as support to stand up.

"Well, hello there, Ayanokouji-boy," he chuckled, looking down at me.

The tension in the air was palpable as the chatter within the class died down. All their eyes were focused on Koenji and me.

"Nice to see you again, Koenji."

Koenji's grin dropped, his eyes narrowing as he stared at me, "Do you intend to take first place from me?"

It seems like he's feeling the heat.

"I'm not in first anyway. Besides..."

I took a step closer to him.

"Were you going to get first anyway?"

"Excuse me, Ayanokouji-boy?"

I wanted to see how he'd react to such a thing. As of now, this is completely unknown territory. So I wanted to push him a little.

"Even if I'm not here, you'd still have Yagami and Nagumo to deal with. Can you say you'd be able to overcome them?"

Koenji chuckled, looking undeterred by my questions.

"There's nothing a perfect existence can't do. I just wished to know what side you were on. I have no fear that I'll fail to come first."

Is that so?