Episode XXI: Party in London

London, 2008.

This seemed like the gig of a lifetime. We just played at the Taste of Brisbane food truck festival when we started. But now, we were playing at a party in LONDON! But, this wasn't a party that would get us on TV or anything, just a small street fair. Before we went on stage, I talked to the other band members—Bandit, Stripe, Pat, and Wendy. I said, "Okay guys, this is our biggest gig yet, so we can't afford any mistakes." "Well, I'm ready!" Bandit cheered. So, we went out there and performed for the crowd.

Bandit's POV: We took a short break after that first song. I took the opportunity to wander the square and get some snacks. That was until I saw a red-heeler girl getting an ice pop from one of the concession stands. Suddenly feeling something strange come over me, I approached her and said "Uh, hi! I'm Bandit Heeler! And you are-" "Chilli Cattle," she said, "very nice to meet you!" so, feeling like I needed to introduce her to my mates, I took her to the stage.

Once on the stage, the others took her surprisingly well. Even Wendy liked her. So, we did the natural thing and had her sing on stage with Rad.

What followed was perhaps the best night of my time as a musician. Chilli was singing her lungs out with Rad, while I was drumming my arms off like there was no tomorrow. And that's how it happened.

"Was that really how you met Mum?" asked Bluey, and Mum said, "Yeah, that's exactly what happened, in 2009 today." "Well, this calls for a celebration." Exclaimed Bluey, "BINGO! CUE THE ROMANCE MUSIC!" She said, and I did.

"Well," said Mum, "this may not be conventional romance music, but it works for me" "Yeah," said Dad, "even though I still see the mental image of Winona Ryder levitating when I hear this, still works for me" so naturally, they did a smoochy kiss as Bluey and I danced our hearts out in the background.