Chapter 2 :- The Long Lost Voice

Start from the beginning

Lucy's emotions overwhelmed her, and tears welled up in her eyes. She muttered softly, "Why say that?"

Emma, joining in on the mockery, laughed and interjected, "Well, hello. Now move." Lucy then decided to leave and started walking in the hallway.

Feeling a surge of anger, Alex couldn't stay silent any longer. He spoke up, his voice filled with indignation, "Right, because your fashion sense is stupid too. After all, only a stupid person can recognize another's stupid clothes."

As Dwayne observed the situation, he couldn't help but think to himself, "Dude, you were only supposed to insult Maria. Now you've unintentionally insulted them both."

Maria exclaimed angrily, her voice dripping with disdain, "News flash, Alex, no one asked you!"

Alex retorted, my tone laced with sarcasm, "Well, I didn't hear anyone asking for your opinion either about Lucy's clothes. How about you take your unsolicited fashion advice to someone who actually cares?"

Maria shot back, her voice seething with frustration, "Oh, so you, do not piss me off?"

Alex smirked, trying to hide my amusement, and replied, "Oooh, I'm shaking."

Mateo, known for his rebellious nature, ran his fingers through his tousled hair and flashed me a mischievous smile before saying, "Both of you stop now, see you later Alex."

Despite Mateo's reputation as a troublemaker, he had never done anything wrong to him, so Alex responded casually, "Later." Maria, Emma, and Mateo then left the scene.

Dwayne, still standing beside him, turned to face him and said, "That was nice of you, Alex, to defend Lucy like that." Alex smiled at him.

Ava, who had been observing the exchange, nodded in agreement and waved bye before heading towards the gym.

Alex let out a sigh, feeling the weight of the tense situation, and said, "This school year is already off to a great start, huh?"

Dwayne playfully punched his arm and chuckled, "Yeah, I guess so. Let's head to the gym now."

Alex went with Dwayne to the gym, where the blaring music echoed through the speakers, creating a chaotic atmosphere. As the crowd jostled Alex, panic surged within him, and his mind flashed back to the events of the previous night.

Concerned, Dwayne asked, "You okay, Alex?"

Attempting to appear composed, Alex replied, "Yeah, I'm absolutely fine. It's just really crowded in here. Do you see anywhere to sit?"

Dwayne scanned the area and pointed, saying, "If you say so. Look over there, I see a couple of empty seats. Let's go, Alex."

In the top row of bleachers, Ava sat engrossed in her worn sketchbook. As Alex observed, a pair of freshmen approached her, but Ava hissed at them, causing them to stumble over themselves in their haste to get away. She continued to glare at them before noticing Alex watching her. With a bright smile, she nodded towards the empty bench beside her.

"Is she inviting me to sit with her?" Alex wondered to himself.

Before he could respond, Dwayne interrupted and whispered, "Go sit next to her. I'll stay here, but don't keep me waiting for too long. Got it?"

Contemplating the idea, Alex thought, Maybe I could talk to Ava about what happened last night. She's knowledgeable about supernatural occurrences, and she'll believe me for sure.

With a nod, Alex acknowledged Dwayne's request, and Dwayne settled onto the the bench.

Alex climbed to the top row of the bleachers and slid over to Ava's corner, a nervous excitement bubbling within him. "It's okay if I sit here, right?" he asked, his voice tinged with uncertainty.