Chapter 17

I was about to let out a scream when the leader put his hand over my mouth. I stared at him, wide-eyed, and prayed silently that the boys would hear my heart beating in overdrive.

"Hello" he whispered. I tried to squirm out of his grip, but his hand stayed attached to my mouth. I gave up and just sat there, hoping he would uncover my mouth.

"If I take my hand away, will you scream?" he asked. I shook my head no, even though I did plan on screaming.

He slowly moved his hand away, and I leapt off the bed, and let out a scream, "HELP". "You shoudn't have done that my dear". The leader took something out of his pocket.

It was a gun. Before I time to react he shot it at me. Just then the door broke down and all 5 boys stood there in shock, staring at me. I looked at them, confused, then I felt it.

I looked down and saw blood blossoming over my stomach. I was shot in the stomach. I fell to my knees, the pain inbearable.

Louis knelt down beside me, and asked "Who did this?" I managed to say the leader, and I saw Liam and Niall disappear.

"She needs to go to a hospital" Harry stated. I just groaned in pain, unable to focus on anything. I started lose conscoiuness, and I eventually blacked out.

I awoke in a bed, and looked around. I was actually in the hospital. They actually brought me here. That means someone will probably recongnize me.

I tried to sit up, but my stomach was in too much pain. I noticed a nurse come in, and she smiled warmly at me.

I tried to say something, but my mouth was too dry. The nurse noticed and gave me a bottle of water.

"How are you feeling?" she asked. "My stomch hurts, but other than that I'm fine. Do you know who I am?" I asked.

"Yes, you are that girl who went missing, Kayley. Your parents are very worried. Don't worry about being examined, all the tests have been done."

I smiled at the mention of my parents, but my happy thoughts were ruined when Louis walked into the room.

So sorry I haven't updated for over a week. School has taken over my life, and right now I'm struggling in every subject. I hope everyone who continues to read Moonlight are enjoying it. As usual, fan, vote and comment :) Sorry about spelling, when I went to spellcheck it said Wattpad was full in capacity or something like that.