Chapter 4

I awoke with dried tears on my cheeks. I really wanted to go home. I sat up, rubbing my swollen eyes. I then headed over to the min-fridge, and peered into it.

There was a couple of water bottles, yogurt, and a large watermelon. I sighed and took a bottle of water and went back to the bed, leaning against the head-board.

After chugging half the water bottle, a thought occurred to me: why would there be a watermelon if there was no utensils to cut it with? I leaped off the bed, thinking of where the utensils might be.

Next to fridge was a little cupboard, and I yanked open each drawer, then almost screamed with joy when I found the utensils. There was a knife, spoon, and fork.

I grabbed the knife and snuck over to the door, and tried it. Unfortunately it was locked. I took the knife and wedged it into the key hole. I then heard a click, and the door cracked open.

I held on tightly to the knife and looked to the left and right. I had no idea how to escape, but I decided to head left. I soon came to the end of the hallway, and thought I felt a breeze coming from the right.

I headed towards that direction, being very cautious. I then heard Zayn yell "She's gone!" I started to panic, and noticed the door. I bolted for it and grabbed the doorknob, yanking it open, then took off, accidentally dropping the knife but not caring.

I ran with all my strength, but gym had never been my strong suit. I didn't dare look behind me to see if they were coming. After what felt like a few minutes, I stopped, panting, and put my hands on my knees.

I paused to take a breath, while glancing around, breathing hard. One of the reasons gym had not been my strong suit was that I had asthma, and right now it felt like I was breathing through a straw.

I then heard a twig snap behind me. I saw no point in running. I could barely breathe, and whichever member it was would eventually catch me.

"You shouldn't have run, my dear" I whipped around, and found Liam standing there. I was unable to say anything because of my breathing, and just ended up crying again, which made matters worse.

"You realize I have to punish you, right?" Liam smirked and started to saunter towards me, making me cower against a tree. Liam then leaned into my neck, and I felt sharp fangs puncture me. I screamed out in pain, knowing no one would save me.

"Liam!" someone yelled. The weight of Liam was lifted off me, and I moaned in pain, and attempted to touch my neck, but a hand stopped me. The hand belonged to Louis.

"What the hell Louis! I was feeding!" Liam glared at Louis, but Louis also gave a death glare. "She can hardly breathe you idiot! We're supposed to keep her happy and nicely-treated, yet you go attacking her like some everyday victim!" Louis kept glaring at Liam.

"Let's get you cleaned up love, and we'll do something about your breathing problem". Louis gently picked me up, bridal style and headed back to the house, still glaring at Liam. I was starting to think Louis actually cared about me.

Halfway back to the house, Liam stopped Louis. "What now?" groaned Louis. "Listen.." said Liam. I was unable to hear anything, and my heart started to beat rapidly when I saw the look on Louis' face.

"What is it?" I wheezed. Louis ignored me and kept looking out into the forest. "Louis, bring Kayley inside and get the others." Liam said to Louis. Louis started to bring me back to the house, but then yelled suddenly.

Meanwhile, I was lifted out of Louis' protective arms and thrown across the forest floor, crashing into a tree. When I saw what attacked Louis, I let out a blood curdling scream.

My longest chapter yet! Once again, thank you to all who have read this. It means a lot to me. Hopefully the cliffhanger will wanting you wanting more! Comment, vote, fan :)