41

3.24
testing 1-2-3

A lot has happened...I broke up with Alex after he confessed his cheating. I didn't force him to ask me out, he wanted to do that yet he still cheated on me. Cristina asked me to be one of her bridesmaids. Addisons not been here, she took a leave of absence. She probably tired of always making me be the second option. Meredith's step mom died from the hiccups. Crazy week.

Today's the most important day of my life, oh sorry my 'career.' I have my intern exam. It's also my birthday. I'm 23 years old today. I never really understood why we celebrate getting older. So much bad things come with age like hearing loss, cataracts, back pain, pulmonary disease, chronic obstructive, physical decline, diabetes, and depression.

I was studying for my intern exams on an empty stretcher and an empty stomach when my sister flopped down next to me.

"Happy birthday. Open it." Lauren exclaimed with excitement as she gave me a tiny box.

"I told you not to get me anything." I said as I couldn't help but smile at her excitement. The box contained a gold necklace with a tiny star on it with an even tinier diamond in the middle of the star.

"It's a star cause Lucy means light." Lauren told me still beaming. Fire causes things to burn and fire emits light. She helped me put it on and ever since then i haven't taken it off.

After she left I went back to studying like my life depended on it cause it does. Of course I got interrupted again by another person sitting down next to me. I'm too welcoming, I need to be more like Cristina and then maybe people wouldn't always talk to me. When I saw it was George I didn't mind it so much.

"Happy-"

"Unless you're about to ask me a question that's gonna be on the exam keep your mouth shut." I told him with a sigh. This test is making stressed, which leads to me being sick by the thought of food and when I'm hungry I'm rude.

Alex, George, Cristina, Izzie and I were heading upstairs to where we have to take the exam. Meredith had to stay back with Richard.

"Does any one want a powerbar?" Izzie held up a power bar in my face making me want to barf at the thought of eating right now. I'm too stressed out. I'm never been so stressed before a test.

"Izzie put that food away." I tell her as I actually gag.

"You're gonna get a high score...not as high as mine...but everything's gonna be fine." Cristina reassured me which felt wrong. Really fucking wrong.

"Oh please Cristina we all know Lucy 'the prodigy' Moore is gonna get the best score." George replied putting his arm around on my shoulders.

I really wanted George to be right. I began the test, it wasn't easy but it wasn't necessary hard. I was the first one done so I thought I must've missed a page. I didn't. I even double checked all my answers before anyone else even finished.

After the test I was gonna get myself something to eat since I can't even breathe properly without my stomach rumbling but before I could I got paged by Addison.

I went to the room she paged me to, but she was waiting outside of it for me. "What do you want to ruin my life some more?" I asked in a snarky tone with an even snarkier tone. I realized I was being dramatic but I don't care.

"No, I want the best intern for this very important patient. You're the best on my service. I want you to be a professional and not bring up your personal life at work." Addison told me and the hypocrisy was making me even more upset.

"That's a lot coming from you Dr. Montgomery." I let out as I open the door to see who the important patient was. It was Adele, who somehow is pregnant at her age.

After work I was at the bar with George on one side and Lauren on the other. I was two shots, and three beers deep. "Joe, three more shots please." I order three more shots for the three of us.

"I have work tomorrow."
"I'm on call."

"They're boring aren't they Joe? One more shot." I changed my order then take a long drink of my beer.

Lauren got called into work so now it's just George and I. I was ranting to George about how I don't get why we celebrate getting old and wrinkled when Mark Sloan leaned on the counter next to me. Where did he come from?

"I heard its your birthday." Mark let out after ordering a drink as he looked at me the whole time.

"Mhm."

"What do you say we have birthday se-" I cut Mark off since I already knew where this was going. Did he not see George right here? He is a McSlut.

"I think I'm good." I responded as I returned his eye contact. It might be the three shots and three beers getting to me but Mark Sloan is fucking hot. I better leave before I do something I'll regret in the morning.

893 words
"karmas a bitch for hypocrites"