25

I got a page from Sloan so I rushed to the elevator and I saw Derek was the only one it in.

"Derek! Hold the doors!" I call out and just as I reach the elevator the doors shut. Gosh I know he's mad but he's acting like a middle school girl!

"Fucking bitch!" I shout as I turn around to go take the stairs.

"What's was that?" I heard Derek ask with the elevator doors open. That's a bit embarrassing.

"Oh so you're talking to me now? Actually don't answer that since you don't have a choice. You're done holding this stupid grudge, grudges are my thing not yours. I really need someone to talk to and I can't talk to George since he's going through a lot." I overshare as I get into the elevator next to him.

"Glad to know I'm your second choice." Derek did his goofy grin as he clicked the elevator button for me.

"You already knew that and if you weren't still fighting with Mark I'd be your second option. That's not important. Alex and I are talking again, and sleeping with each other. Callie just tried to beat my ass for telling George that she slept with McSteamy, oh sorry Mark. Which I didn't do." I catch him up on what's happened since the last time he spoke to me.

"Well I can't top that. Mer and I haven't had sex yet since she wants to take it slow and I of course respect that." Derek caught me up on his very uneventful life when compared to mine.

"Look at us." I didn't elaborate on why we were looking at us we just were. I got off the elevator and rushed to find Sloan.

"Sorry I got caught up." I apologized as I entered the room.

"Where's my coffee?" Mark questioned when he turned to look at me empty handed.

"Huh? What are you talking about?" I acted clueless as I sat in the empty chair next to Mark to assist him. Our knees were touching...this room is far too small for all of us.

"You might considerer leaving that alone until she goes into the OR." Mark told Karev as he touched a deep cut on Janelle's face.

"Yeah, about that, when's that going to happen? There's a large shard of glass in my heart you know." Janelle asked very calmly for someone with glass in their heart but that definitely just because she's totally high.

"You'd be surprised how long people can live with stuff inside their bodies, glass, shrapnel, bullets." I tried to comfort Janelle by listing off things people can live with on their bodies for certain amounts of time. Apparently that's totally comforting.

"I saw a guy once with half a chair leg in his chest. That was one hell of a splinter." Mark told the group. I would do anything to see that.

"Can we focus here?" Janelle asked side eying Dr Sloan.

"Well, it looks like we'll have the OR in a few hours." Dr Montgomery informed the group as she walked in to check on the baby.

"So if I get hit by a car, get thrown through a window, have a big shard of glass in my heart, and my baby survives, that's pretty much a sign I should have this baby right? Even without a father?" Janelle asked.

"Everyone has a father." Addison let out in a quiet tone.

"Not if she doesn't tell him." Mark whispered but we are all much to close for whispering everyone in the room heard that.

"Not necessarily. You can't have a baby without that baby having a father, a male figure has to be present in the making of a baby. I think what your trying to say Dr. Sloan is everyone has a father, not everyone has a dad." I corrected Sloan just to suck up to Addison so I can be put back on her service. As long as I'm as far away as possible from Neuro I'm good. I'll spend the rest of my life in Neuro.

"Why don't you do us all a favor and keep your mouth shut?" Mark suggested as he turn to face me so his face was too close for comfort. What I said was true, he just is upset an intern corrected him. I grew up with a father not a dad. I know the difference pretty damn well.

"You think I should tell him. Everyone says I'm wrong. He's scum and now I'm the bad guy cause I don't want him in my kid's life. Isn't that what you''re thinking?" Janelle asked. She has a lot of questions for someone who has a piece of glass in her heart, I would be worried about that but whatever.

"Janelle..."

"My thing is what about the kid? What happens when he's 6 or 7 and he wants to meet his dad?" Alex butted in.

"Karev, Allen, this is none of your business okay?" Mark let out in a softer tone because he could tell Janelle was stressed out.

"She asked, okay?" Alex returned Marks comment in a snarky voice.

"He cheated on me." Janelle was definitely overstating at this point but it's like a reality tv show happening infront of me.

"Makes him an ass, doesn't mean you have to be one." Alex replied.

"Mrs. Duco?" I let out as the monitor started beeping erratically and Janelle struggled to breath.

"BP's 80/60." Mark announced as he continued to stitch her face leaving the hard part to Addison.

"I'm getting muffled heart sounds. She's officially unstable. The OR can't wait. Lucy, find Dr. Burke. Alex I need a Bolus a liter of saline and a unit of blood. We've got to get her ready for transport people. Now!" Addison bossed around everyone and by the look on Marks face it was definitely turning him on.

"You're disgusting." I whispered into Marks ear as I stood up to go page Burke.

"This is hot." Mark whispered back as he watched Addisons every move. I hit him in the stomach then left to go page Burke.

After I found Burke and Alex got everything set up we weren't even allowed to scrub in cause Burke just needs Cristina at all times. This is bullshit

1057 words
"I've got my mind on you"