31

3.15
walk on water

Yesterday I already explained why I lied to Derek but nobody else. Lauren comforted me until I fell asleep.

This morning I arrived to work late just so I wouldn't have to walk in with anyone else. I walked into the locker room and all eyes were suddenly on me and my uncovered beauty mark, and my new ID card that read Dr. Lucy Moore. I wasn't in the mood for this. I didn't want to deal with this. I don't need this.

"I read about her. They called her Lucy Moore the prodigy." I heard Izzie tell the group right as I walked in.

I walk up to my locker and begin changing. We have a triage test today that's what everyone should be thinking about not me. So what I lied? Get over it. I say that but if the shoe was on the other foot I would be doing the same.

After I changed into my scrubs and I saw they were all still staring, I wanted to tell them to stop staring but I didn't. I just looked down and went down to the clinic for the triage test. 

I zoned the whole time thinking about how stupid it was to lie about my identity well atleast until the Chief walked in.

"People, look I'm sorry. I have to interrupt the session for a moment." Richard told us as everyone looked at his freshly died hair.

"Chief, I like your new hair. Really brings out your eyes." Sydney complemented the Chiefs new look.

"Do you need something sir?" Bailey asked trying to move along with the triage test.

"We just received word of a mass causality incident nearby. All available level 1 trauma centers have been asked to respond. I need to send a team into the field immediately." Dr. Webber announced not even making me a person who would normal jump at this opportunity excited.

"Is this a part of the exercise? Are we supposed to act appropriately, um, tense?" Cristina asked not hearing the
urgency in Richard's voice.

"This is not an exercise or a drill, Yang. This is an emergent situation and I need all hands on deck." Webber replied looking at me who was all of a sudden very interested in the floor.

"Seriously?"
"What happened?"

"I don't have details just orders." That's all richard said before Bailey took her interns to prepare their triage kits. We all had puff coats on the said Seattle Grace on the corner.

"We're catching a ride with Seattle 34, space is tight. So hold your kits on your lap." Miranda Bailey instructed as we all started following her as we held our red kits.

"Where we going?" Alex questioned as I trailed behind.

"We'll know when we get there." Bailey responded.

"Fire? Flood? Volcano? I'm not really dressed for a volcano." Izzie joked as we made it outside. We enter the ambulance bay.

"Stevens." Bailey ridiculed Izzie for her unprofessional comment.

"Sorry, inappropriate. Sorry." Izzie apologized as we walked up to the ambulance that we were catching a ride with.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. I'm hauling supplies, I only have room for six." The paramedic let out stopped us before we could get in since there are seven of us.