21 | Aiden

~Saella Moretti~

I stayed with Sam for a bit longer until the last bell of the day rang then I headed to my detention. In the detention, the only other one there was Aiden. I nodded towards him and he flashed me a smile. 

"Hey Ella, it's good to see you! How are you? Where have you been all afternoon?" He rambled and I stared at him. Once again it seemed as if my voice had left me. I seriously hated this, when I didn't feel comfortable I seemed to lose my voice it was so annoying. Aiden falls quiet after a while as the teacher comes in and I settle down to do my homework. I manage to finish my maths when Aiden passes me a note. I sigh but read it nonetheless. 

(Aiden , Ella)

Ellaaaa

What Aiden?

Can you help me with my Maths homework?

No Aiden I'm busy

But you've just finished doing it!

Look, kindly stop passing me notes, we will get caught and I don't need more detentions I already have a month's worth

It's fine, Ms Asmin isn't even paying attention, she is too busy texting the janitor

How do you know it's the janitor?

It's no secret that they like each other

Huh, I didn't know that

Well, you are new and all

Yeah yeah

I'm so boreddd

So read something I don't know

Please don't stop writing notes!

At that point, I stopped passing notes and pulled my sewing kit out of my bag. I started sewing a small blanket together, I was already halfway through the blanket, it had pieces of fabric with either words or pictures that showed something, I'd bought custom-made t-shirts over the years and then cut them up to produce squares of the blanket and cut up old clothes for the words and rest of the blanket. I ignore Aiden for the rest of the lesson, too busy sewing to acknowledge him. 

When Ms Asmin finally lets us go, I pack away my sewing and walk out, I see my motorcycle waiting for me in the car park and I smirk. Aiden walks with me and stops in shock as he stares at my motorcycle, making my smirk widen. It was a MTT 420-RR and it reached 273 mph. I know it's a good motorcycle which is why I have it.

"How the hell do you have an MTT 420-RR?!" Aiden yells out and I smile. I nod and his expression grows more shocked. I walk to my bike and climb on, putting on the helmet. I wave goodbye and drive off, leaving him in the dust.

~Samuel Horomain~

I watch from the shadows of the school building as Ella drives off. My jaw was clenched tightly as anger built inside me, that fucker wants to flirt with her? I breathe in and out as I glare at him while he is staring after Ella. I can tell he likes her but my Raven is too oblivious to notice that every boy in this goddamn school has a crush on her. 

I climb into my Porsche and drive to the fighting ring, having too much steam that I need to blow off before my work tonight. I'm an assassin and professional sniper, I go by Peregrine William and my tattoo to represent it is a sweet William in the beak of a peregrine. It represents my speed in fights and my ability to shoot down a victim as fast as a peregrine kills its prey. I get the nickname William from the Sweet William as it represents masculinity and they also tend to be two colours, one lighter than the other. My Raven said it can mean that it means two different parts of my life. A darker side and a lighter side.

What she doesn't know is that I wouldn't have that lighter side without her, she's my light in my darker world, Before I met her at 8, me and Lili were dark kids, isolated except for each other. After I met her, it was like my perspective was changed completely, she really is my candle in the dark.

But she doesn't realise it. My mind flashes to those dark months three years ago but I refuse to go back down that horrible path. She wasn't always willing to do what she could to survive in the world and I want her to gain back that will to live. Not survive, not go through in an empty mindset but actually live, and thrive. 

My Raven's self-esteem is shit and me, Lili and Seb are well aware of that fact. These past three years have been hard for her but she is so much better now than before, now that she isn't shouldering her mental burdens completely alone.

That girl is my world and if I even come close to losing her a second time....I don't think I would manage.

What do you guys think of this chapter? Do we like Sam's point of view? What do we think of Aiden?

Stay Safe!

~Adalyn Solace