17 | Sweet Fight

•Luca Moretti

Why am I so rude to her?! I know why. I don't want to get close to her only to lose her again, I wouldn't be able to do that, it would break me all over again and this time it would be worse since I'd have been closer to her. After I said what I said, I walked out and went straight to the gym. Once inside, I removed my shirt and didn't bother wrapping my knuckles. I needed to feel blood dripping down my hands so I don't go on another killing spree. I start punching a punching bag angrily, my mind overfilling with snide comments about things I said or did since Ella got here. I'm sort of nice to Seb, why can't I do the same for Ella?

I don't hear the door open, nor do I hear the light footsteps but a soft touch on my arms brings me out of my trance. I go to punch them but they catch my fist easily. I blink and look to see Ella holding my fist. I move away from her, my glare returning. I watch her take her sweatshirt off revealing her just in a sports bra and leggings. I can see all her scars and bruises, things she shouldn't have. I watch as she grabs a medical kit and she walks over to me reaching for my knuckles. I just watch her until she rolls her eyes and grabs my knuckles to start cleaning it. I cringe and she looks...well sad. After a moment, she wraps my knuckles then her own and pulls out her phone. 

Wanna spar? She types out and I nod leading her to the ring in the centre. She ties her hair up with some black ribbon and then gets in a position. I get ready and she counts from three with her fingers.

Three......

What if I hurt her?

Two.......

Does she even know how to fight?

One.......

Dad is gonna kill me when he finds out!

I have no chance to overthink anymore as she finishes her countdown. I throw a punch at her but she easily dodges. I continue trying to hit her but I miss every time. She's quick, even though she is injured, it honestly surprises me. I'm starting to get tired which she seems to notice. She sends punch after punch to my body, never hitting in the same spot twice in a row. My grunts fill the room as I try retaliate but it's like she glides on the floor. As if, she is familiar with this sort of thing. Of fighting. My eyes widen as I come to a realisation. Ella uses my moment of distraction to shove me to the floor, her knee by my crotch so if I move I get kneed. Her hand is over my throat, her other knee is covering my legs and her arm has my arms pinned. I am completely helpless. She smirks. 

I tap out (three taps on the floor) and she gets off me. I hear whooping and clapping as Seb runs into the ring hugging Ella.
"Ha, you beat Luca Els! So proud even though I knew you would beat him!" I scowl at Luca's words and then notice everyone else there. And I mean everyone, even Amelia, Bethany and Summer are here. 

My brothers, Bri and Dad look shocked as they look from me to Ella. 

"Ella, how did you beat Luca? Tied with him and Enzo, he's our best fighter!" Dad exclaims and Ella shrugs with a small smile. She makes some weird hand gestures which I'm assuming is sign language and then Seb translates.

"She says that it was an easy fight," Seb says and I nod. I'd come to that conclusion myself.
"Ella, I'm sorry for everything I said to you. I know I was an asshole and I'm sorry, I was just scared to lose you again." I say, looking down in shame. I hear quiet footsteps and I feel small arms hug me. I look at Ella to see she's hugging me. Her hand connects with the back of my head when I don't hug her back which I do after I get over the initial shock.

"Ella? You have officially broken him." Dante deadpans and I glare at him, Ella just smiles, a genuine smile that reaches her eyes. Like she's finally coming out of her shell.

"Luca, did you agree to fight your sister, while she is injured?" My dad asks with his voice that becomes deadly calm. I nod, rubbing the back of my neck sheepishly. 
"I want your phone for a week and your Xbox, and I want none of your business for two weeks." He orders and I nod, knowing I deserve it. I could have hurt my sister more.

"Luca, did you even manage to land one punch on her?" Alex asks and I shake my head. He looks shocked. 

We all head upstairs to get changed and head to bed but as I'm in the shower, one thought comes to mind. How did she know how to fight?

Hey guys! Sorry it isn't the longest, I want to warn you that I'll be going back to school on Tuesday so I won't be able to write long chapters. I will try but it depends on my homework. By the end of tonight, I think I'll have 5k views so thank you so much!

Stay Safe!

~Adalyn Solace