16 | Wolves

•Zach Moretti•

Fuck, fuck, fuck! We lost her again! Carlos is checking Alex's nose since she punched him pretty well. 
"Guys, I'm going to go out and look for her. Stay here or head home, I'll bring her home anyway so." 
"We'll head home as well," Dan said and I nodded, grabbing my coat and leaving the hospital. 

~~~

I don't know how long I searched the streets but finally, I decided to go to the forest, when I heard quiet sniffles, like one of an animal maybe. 
I ran into the forest and the sight I saw made me stop. Ella was sat cross-legged on the forest floor, a sharp knife on the floor beside her. A metal trap lay discarded behind her, the trap had spots of blood across the spikes.

She was holding two little balls of fluff. One was snow white and the other was pure black. They looked like....wolves?
She looked up and spotted me. She went tense but made no move to run around. I walked to her slowly.
"Hey, Ella," I say softly. She nods to me.
"Are those wolves?" Ella nods her head for yes.

The white wolf had blue eyes and the black one had red

The white wolf had blue eyes and the black one had red. Ella was smiling down at them. She never smiles. 
"Why don't we take these two home with us and you can look after them better?" I say gently. I watch her think it over before nodding slowly. I smile and walk to beside her. Ella shows me the wolves and grabs my wrist gently and stretches it out to them. They sniff my wrist and lick it. I look at her confused so she writes in the dirt "They trust you" and I smile softly.

"Should we get you home then? You must be in pain as well and we need to give the wolves a clean as well so we can do that at home, I'm sire Bri ,must have the stuff to clean them." I ask her and after a moment she nods. I help her stand and watch as she pockets her knife. I decide to not question it until later, not when I've just convinced her to come with me. 

~~~

We just got home, the two wolves fell asleep in her arms, she kept smiling at them. This is the happiest I've seen her since she was a little girl and it makes me so happy because well I missed her and her twin more than anything. When my ex-wife took them, we all fell apart. Alex became all closed off and threw himself solely into learning about both our businesses and training. Dan focused more time away from us, more around Alex and in the gym, training. Carlos tried helping everyone around him despite him being young himself. He became more invested into learning to become a doctor, studying as much as he could. Luca, well he became cold and distant, only really talking to Enzo. He was only 3. When he got older, he threw himself into becoming an assassin and everything else. Enzo, like Carlos, wanted to help all his siblings but he was only 3. He was probably the second most affected out of all of us because he was super close with the twins, as was Luca. He and Luca would and still do train together and go to street races and fights. He, like the rest of us, are in awe of the two assassins that rule the mafia world and the underground, Raven and Panther. 

I got pulled out my thoughts by Ella tapping my shoulder, letting me know she wanted to get out. I opened the door for her since her arms were full of her wolves. We made our way inside where I saw all my sons and Bri sitting in the living room.
"Ella!" 
"Are you okay?"
"Are those wolves?"
"Where were you?"
"Why did you run off?"
"Are you hurt even more?" 

Were the questions or statements heard around the room. She waited 'til they fell silence and then just smiled to say she was okay. I told her to head to her room while I talk with her siblings which she nodded to and went upstairs. I turned to my children.

"I found her in the woods, she found the two wolves trapped and saved them, she's become attached to them and them for her so I've agreed for her to keep them as pets. She doesn't seemed harmed and was just sitting there with them. She smiled at them multiple times, the wolves clearly make her happy so I'm not separating them." I state and then turn to Alex.

"Is your nose okay, Alex?" I ask him and he nods.
"Yeah, it's fine. Not broken, just bruised. She only punched me hard enough to get me off her, not to cause real damage." He reassures me.

"Yeah, don't grab her like that, or just without permission really. You're lucky that that wasn't a hard punch otherwise you would have a broken nose." Seb tell us.

"So she can't keep her temper in check before she lashes out. Right, so what you're saying is, we can't trust her to not harm us. Why is she here again?" Luca sneers. I glare at him.
"Luca, don't talk about your sister like that!!" I scold. What pissed in his cereal?

Hey guys, that's Chapter 16 done for you, Merry early Christmas, have an amazing day/night!

Stay Safe

~Adalyn Solace