02 | Surprise?

•Saella Masiline•

•Saella Masiline•

Seb held my hand as we made our way to school, travelling through the empty streets. I was already dreading another day of torture (and not the type my father deals out). Seb was luckier than me but I have never resented him for it. We are both assassins, so we always make sure to have enough money for lunch at school. Or at least Seb did, I didn't always like eating.

He hates me being Raven, he thinks it will get me killed one day, but he can't say much, him being Panther is equally dangerous. As we got closer to school, my ribs started to ache even more.

"Are you okay?" Seb signed to me and I nodded with a small smile, so I don't worry him. He squeezed my hand reassuringly just as we arrived at the school.

"I'll see you later, yeah? Meet me at the cafeteria again." He said to me before pulling me in a hug and walking off to his friends. I started heading towards my locker, trying to ignore the throbbing pain. People pointed at me as I walked but I just tried to ignore it.

At class, I went and sat at the back to get away from everyone else. Seb came in, late once again but the teacher paid him no mind, she was now used to it and, well, she knew not to mess with him. He was just talking with his friends, ignoring everyone around him, including the teacher.

As the day dragged on, my mind was kept occupied with thoughts of my parents. In the third period, I was partnered up with the popular bitch, Rebeka Halli. Also my biggest bully. Seb had looked over at me with worry as she came and sat next to me.

"Ew move over bitch!" She scoffed and I did as she asked. I started zoning out throughout the lesson and was only startled when the speakers of the school went off.

"Ms Saella Masiline and Mr Sebastian Masiline please report to the principal's office, thank you." I stood up along with Seb as we made our way to the office.

As we arrived at the office, the receptionist gave us a pitying smile. What was that about?  I decided to shrug it off as Seb slammed open the door with his foot. I could hear the Principal sigh, he was very much used to us.

"Saella, please come in, nicely!" He adds. I rolled my eyes as I walked into the room watching Seb smirk at the Principal's annoyance. Two men stood in the corner of the room watching us. One with a smirk and the other with a stone-cold face.

"Thank you for joining us Mr and Ms Masiline. We have some unfortunate news for you. Your parents died this morning due to what we believe to be food poisoning. The police department did a DNA test on your hair and fingerprints and found out that your biological father and brothers are still alive and are here to take you in." I stayed silent, with an emotionless face on throughout the whole speech. It didn't affect me in any way so why should I care? I may have sort of loved my parents but for some reason, I felt nothing for their death, just relief. 

Then it hit me. I was going with the father that never wanted us. That abandoned us. That decided he didn't want more kids.
I looked over at Seb who seemed to be thinking the same as me.
"No. We are not going with strangers." He said in a blunt but calm voice and I nodded in agreement, not wanting to go at all to be honest.

"I'm afraid you have no choice," One of the men said and I glared at him as I stood up. I wasn't hanging around here any longer.

Seb and I started walking outside but we got blocked by one of the men.
"Move," Seb demanded but the man shook his head. In the blink of an eye, Seb grabbed his arm before flipping it over his head causing the man to land on the ground with a grunt.

We smirked at each other and left the building, heading straight towards our car.

I lay on the floor in complete shock

I lay on the floor in complete shock. Did he just flip me over his shoulder?
I heard a bout of laughter and looked up to see my eldest son laughing at me.
"Help me up will you, you dimwit," I grumbled as he came over, still laughing.

"I was not expecting that, I thought they would both be willing to come with us," I said to Alex. He nodded in agreement.

"Why didn't she talk?" Alex asked me and before I could say anything, the principal cleared his throat. Oh, I forgot about him, he really isn't that important

"Ms Masiline hasn't said a word to anyone including her brother since she arrived at this school." He says clearly and me and Alex look at each other in disbelief. Our thoughts were disturbed by a male laughing and a car revving. We quickly rushed out only to be met with Saella and Sebastian in a car driving away.

How did I know it was them? Well, Sebastian had his head out the window as he laughed.

 Flashback to when Zach found out about them:

I was in my office drinking some whiskey as I signed papers, rubbing my forehead every now and then. My wife, Amelia, came in with a smile.

"Hi honey! Bethany wanted to have about $800,000 for a new bag, can you give us the money?" She asked in her high pitched voice. I'm not even sure why I married her if I'm being honest.

"Sure whatever, honey-" I was interrupted by my work phone ringing. I picked it up and answered it in a cold voice.
"Zach Moretti, how can I help?"
A high-pitched voice answered, "Hi sir, this is Glydia from Canada, I wanted to tell you that we have found out that your son and daughter, Sebastian and Saella Masiline are alive." She said and I sat up straight. They are alive? Santa merda (Holy shit), I can't believe they are alive. 
"Would you like to put them back under your care sir?" Glydia asked and I instantly replied with a yes. I sorted out arrangements then went downstairs where I called a family meeting. When all my sons and stepdaughters were there, I started explaining.
"I have called a family emergency because  I was called by social services in Canada. They have told me that they have found the twins, Saella and Sebastian," Everyone was silent for a moment before they started all talking at once.

~~~

1194 words

Hey guys! I am back at school so these posts will be a lot slower. This was the second chapter and I hope you enjoyed it, if you did please leave a vote.

Stay Safe!

~Adalyn Solace