Chapter 24

Yoongi puts down the unconscious Jungkook on one of the clinic beds. He sighs deeply, his chest feels heavy. How can he tell Jimin what happened to his brother? His pregnant omega will be devastated. He stares at Jungkook's pale face. The trueblood's breathing is slow and shallow. His skin is becoming cold and clammy.

Taehyung is shedding tears nonstop. He sits beside his mate's bed, holding his hands, afraid that if he lets it go, Jungkook will leave him forever in this world.

Hoseok comes inside the room followed by Yuri

Hoseok comes inside the room followed by Yuri. They approach Jungkook and Taehyung. Taehyung breaks down upon seeing Hoseok. Trying hard to speak, he begs at Hoseok.

"Hoseok hyung, you're the best healer here in Blood Moon, aren't you? Please, please tell me, you can treat Jungkook, you can save him, please hyung. I beg you, save my mate!"

Hoseok is dumbfounded. "Your wolf can recognize Jungkook as your true mate now?"

"Yes hyung, please do something. I-i can't live without him." Taehyung clenches his chest, his heart is aching and his head is throbbing. His tears continue to stream down his face.

Hoseok and Yuri examine Jungkook. Hoseok shakes his head. Jungkook's condition is hopeless. There's no way to save him. There's no known antidote for wolfsbane, and if Jungkook isn't a trueblood, he would be dead by now. It will only be a matter of time before Jungkook and his wolf succumb to their death. And Hoseok doesn't have the heart to tell his Taetae what will happen to Jungkook. But he has to, the omega needs to know.

Hoseok's eyes are filled with unshed tears

Hoseok's eyes are filled with unshed tears. How can fate be so cruel to his best friend? His innocent and kind Taetae doesn't deserve this. Why can't he be happy for once?

"Taetae, you have to prepare yourself. You have to be strong. I'm so sorry, the head alpha is going to di-"

"No, no Hoseok hyung, don't ever finish your sentence! Jungkook will live, if you can't save him, I will find someone who will!" Taehyung screamed, his whole body is trembling.

Jimin, Namjoon and Seokjin rush inside the clinic. Jimin holds Jungkook's hand. "Kook, please wake up, Don't do this to us, we need you. Taehyung needs you. You still have to see your niece. Please Kook." Jimin cried.