Chapter 20

Facing his imminent death, Taehyung caught a glimpse of the short life he had lived so far. The memories of his childhood, his parents and sister, who he knows for sure don't even miss him or worry about what happened to him after he left Harvest Moon.

His heart aches when he thinks of his Hoseok hyung, who treats him like a brother, the caring hyungs he met in this pack, and Jungkook who makes his heart flutters, but also makes him anxious at the same time. Is he ready to leave them? Will he really die without even saying goodbye to them?

Is his fate really this cruel? He's too young to die. He still wants to have a loving mate and cute little pups. He wants to receive love that his own family deprived him of.

He's trembling inside, sweats trickle down his forehead, he's scared, but he needs to calm himself. He knows his wolf is not weak, but it can't fight five strong and vicious alphas alone. He needs to transform and run. He will go inside the woods. He can hide between those thick trees.

"Don't think of escaping omega! You'll Just tire yourself. Let us make it quick, I promise you won't even feel it when we end you." Siwoo taunted him.

"Why are you doing this? I don't even know you?" Taehyung asked, his eyes remain alert to the movement of the alphas in front of him.

"Because you're a nuisance! You shouldn't have come in this pack! You don't belong here omega!" Siwoo looks at him with disgust and signals his men to attack Taehyung, but before they can make a move, Taehyung transforms into his wolf and runs to the woods.

Siwoo and his men are taken by surprise. "What are you all doing, shift now and chase that omega! Siwoo angrily shouts at them while transforming into his wolf himself. His men follow suit. They run after Taehyung in their wolf forms.

It's already dark and the woods is even darker. Taehyung's wolf tries to look for a hiding place. It hides behind a thick trunk tree. The alphas are running towards the place Taehyung's wolf is hiding. They are following his scent.

They find his wolf and are now surrounding the omega. They growl and ready to lunge at the omega wolf, but Taehyung's wolf refuses to go down without a fight, it growls back and bares its fangs.

Jungkook stays for some time at the tree house. Then they felt it, something is wrong with their mate. Their mate's distressed scent reach them. They can feel Taehyung's wolf mixed emotions of anger and fear. Their mate is in danger. The trueblood releases a piercing growl. Their mate needs them.

Jungkook's eyes turn gold and he quickly shifts into his wolf and scampers to find their mate. The trueblood wolf smells their mate inside the woods.

 The trueblood wolf smells their mate inside the woods

It follows their mate's scent.

Siwoo's wolf surges towards Taehyung's wolf, but it successfully dodges the attack. However, one of the alphas strikes his wolf from the back. Taehyung's wolf topples and whimpers in pain.

Just as the three other alphas are ready to claw his wolf, Jungkook's wolf suddenly appears, baring its fangs, eyes flashing with fury at the alpha wolves who hurt their mate. The alpha wolves didn't expect the trueblood. They cower in fear at the true blood predatory gaze. Its pheromone is strong and suffocating, making the alphas choke and breathe hard.

The trueblood wolf lunges at them and rips their throats, killing the four alphas instantly, and leaving Siwoo's wolf badly wounded.

The trueblood wolf calms down and gives the control to Jungkook. He shifts back to his human form. Jungkook hurriedly approaches their mate and cradles him in his arms. "Taehyung, hey. It's okay now, they're gone, they can't hurt you anymore. I'm here, my snowflake, I will always protect you."

Taehyung is now also in his human form, he stares at the head alpha's face, the face he thought he would never see again. His heart clenches at the thought. He gently touches Jungkook's face. "Head alpha, how do you always come to my rescue? Are you my knight in shining armor?" He whispers and then falls unconscious in Jungkook's arms.

Jungkook carries his mate to Hoseok's house, he knows the beta healer is already home at this hour. He calls for Hoseok outside the door. The beta opens it and panics when he sees Taehyung unconscious in the head alpha's arms.

"What happened to him?!" He worriedly asked.
"Put him down on the couch, I'll check on him."

"He was attacked in the woods." Jungkook angrily told him. The trueblood alpha is seething in anger. How can wolves from his pack attacked his mate. He will punish those who attempted to kill his mate. He knows Siwoo has no reason to hurt Taehyung. Someone must have ordered him and Jungkook will make them pay. "Hoseok, I will leave for a while. We need to question Siwoo, he's the leader of Taehyung's assailants."

Hoseok nods at him. "Don't worry about Taehyung, his injuries are not serious. He's just exhausted that's why he fainted."

Jungkook informs Yoongi of what happened. He orders Yoongi to get Siwoo's unconscious wolf from the woods and drag it to the pack prison. He intends to interrogate Siwoo when he shifts back to his human form. Jungkook will get to the bottom of this and those who attempted on Taehyung's life will face his wrath.

"Elder alpha Jihun!" One of his warrior runs to Soyeon's father, catching his breath. "Alpha Siwoo was caught and imprisoned! The wolves with him were all killed by the head alpha!"

Elder Jihun clenches his fist. "What about the male omega, is he still alive?"

"Yes, the head alpha saved him." The warrior answered.

"Nothing is going my way. Go to our warriors and tell them to prepare. We are leaving this pack! Hurry, the head alpha won't spare us if Siwoo betrayed us and told him that it's me who ordered to kill that omega!" Elder Jihun's whole body is now trembling in fear. But a question lingers in his mind, 'How does the trueblood always know that the male omega is in danger?'

🐾🐰🐯🐾

Another failed attempt on Taetae's life. Good thing he has his 'knight in shining armor' I mean mate. When will Taetae's wolf feel their bond? I know you're all waiting, me too.💫