The pain of being a red (TL)

TW:
______________________________________

Third Person's POV:

Jimmy woke up in his bed inside the little cave house he had created, a throbbing headache feeding off of his energy and draining the joy he had felt minutes earlier. He was a red life now, his skin turning a gray hue evident of that theory.

The blond held his head in his hands for a few seconds, going over the events that led to this part of his story. In a sense, it was his own fault he was now red, having accidentally triggered the tnt trap Grian had set moments before. If only he wasn't as curious, as gullible, and naive. He could have been alive, still in his former yellow life.

It was only then that he checked the chat on his communicator, guilt washing over him as he realized what he'd done. He not only killed himself, but he accidentally dragged Skizz and Ren down with him to the grave. He threw his communicator against the wall in a fit of rage, not knowing where this hatred came from, but using it to fuel his desires at the time.

With a now smashed communicator, Jimmy sat foot outside of his house, the once calming feeling of the flowers surrounding his base being smothered by his rage. Grian was done for! No more Mister nice Jim. He was not only going to avenge himself, but he was going to take revenge on behalf of Skizz and Rendog as well.

The rustling of leaves near the gate Scott had built startled the man, but he quickly got his posture back, ready to attack anyone who dared to trespass as his hand instinctively met the hilt of his sword. His gaurd lowered, however, when he saw the familiar face of Scott approach him.

"Hiya. Are you okay? I kinda saw you die. You also look really mad for some reason, actually, thats fully understandable -" Scott cupped Jimmy's face in his hands and gently turned Jimmy's face from side to side. The smile on Scott's face melted the blonds heart, but he still felt so mad. So violent...

"I'm going to kill him, Scott. I swear I'm going to kill him!" Jimmy's voice wasn't his own. It was cold and cruel, which sent a shiver up the cyanetts spine. Scott decided to do some quick thinking, discarding Jimmy's sword so it no longer apposed a threat before hugging him as tightly as he possibly could.

Jimmy's body tensed up at the sudden movements around him, but he quickly melted into the embrace, hugging Scott back as if that would be the final day they saw each other. The hatred, the violence, it all faded away in one moment. But something had to fill that void, and in Jimmy's case, it was fear.

"Scott... I- I'm on red now... I could die at any moment, and I'll be out! I'll be gone!" Jimmy's whole frame began to shake, as if he was having some form of a panic attack, but his face seemed to render no emotion. "Hey, hey, it's okay. Your okay, alright? Breathe." Scott whispered the words, trying his best to calm Jimmy down, which worked to a point, but still wasn't enough.

"What about we head inside, alright? You can come and sleep over in my house, and I can make us both some hot chocolate. Sounds good?" Scott asked, breaking the hug, yet still connecting the two by holding onto Jimmy's shoulders. The other only nodded, slowly following Scott up his little staircase and into his little "Hobbit-Hole."

Scott arranged the couch to be more comfortable, putting down extra pillows and blankets before leading Jimmy to the couch to sit down. He then went to his small kitchen, grabbing two mugs, some cocoa beans, sugar, and other stuff as he started making some hot chocolate for him and Jimmy. After about five minutes, the drinks were done, and Scott carefully made his way to the small living room to give a cup to Jimmy.

He found the taller blond, leaning back into his couch, wrapped up in blankets and gazing out of the window at the setting sun fading over Jimmy's little hill his house was in. He looked distracted and puzzled, like he was deep in fought, but also not thinking about anything.

Scott placed both of the cups on the coffee table next to the couch, sitting next to Jimmy as he wrapped his arms loosely around Jimmy's shoulders, also staring out of the window. "What's on your mind?" Scott asked in a hushed voice, not wanting to scare Jimmy.

For a moment, it looked as if the canary hybrid didn't hear Scott's words, but before Scott could repeat himself, Jimmy's head lowered, and he answered Scott in a low voice.

"I'm scared, Scott. If I have to be honest, I'm scared. I'm not used to playing on hardcore, I'm used to dying over and over again, being able to respawn. But now? I will die and not be able to hit the respawn button. It scares me..." Jimmy folded his arms, letting out a deep sigh as he stared off into the now almost stary night sky out the window.

"Usual comfort meganism?" Scott asked, once again in a hushed voice, taking his arms off of Jimmy's shoulders and giving him a small smile.
"Yeah sure, okay..." Jimmy awnsered, turning himself on the couch so his back was faced towards Scott.

He lowered the blanket, and soon after let his small yellow canary wings free through the holes in the back of his shirt. Not even moments later, Scott's hands started wreaking through the soft feathers on Jimmy's wings, gently massaging the yellow feathers with diffrent patterns and motions.

Jimmy let out a sigh of relief, leaning back a tiny bit into Scott as he slowly felt himself starting to relax. Scott continued messing around and pruning Jimmy's wings, humming the tune of a song he loved to listen to on repeat along with the massaging feeling.

The sounds and feelings made Jimmy feel save. It made him feel at home. It was Scott's way of calming the other down in any stressful situation, and it always worked. With humming in the air and the smell of freshly made hot chocolate, Jimmy eventually fell asleep to the now soft singing of Scott, a small smile on his previously worried face.

Scott sat back a bit, positioning Jimmy so the bird hybrid was on his side as to not hurt his wings. Jimmy rested his head on Scott's lap, the soft sounds of chirping escaping the blond as he felt safe enough with Scott to make the sounds.

The night went on perfectly. Scott stayed awake till around midnight, drinking his hot chocolate and reading a book he had found in the villiage, with Jimmy fast asleep on his lap, now peacefull snoring away.

Eventually Scott got tired aswell, but he didn't want to move the other, so he also fell asleep on the couch, hands intertwined with Jimmy's as the stars lit up the two loving figured. Both of them knew death would eventually part them, but for now, they where one, and they where safe in each other's embrace.
_______________________________________

Shorter chapter today sorry :')

Thanks for reading this new chapter! Loll. Some Flower Husband fluff for you lot. Hope you enjoyed it :D