Deep ocean waters (¡LL¡)

TW: Spoilers, Flower Husband's Angst!
Fluff and Angst
A bit of Scott×Martyn???
______________________________________
Third Person's POV (Scott):

Scott found himself sitting on the floor of the small island he called home, tears freely flowing down his face. The hurtful words of Jimmy echoed in his mind, causing him to relive the moment over and over again.

"I choose Tango." Jimmy's voice echoed, cold and emotionless. "Scott, I will give you... thirty seconds to run."

"Alright, love you!"

"Have fun."

"Say I love you back..."

"Thirty seconds, Scott..."

Jimmy didn't even look back. He hadn't shown any emotion, and he didn't say love you back. Not to mention the fact that he somehow lost the Pufferish Of Peace, the one thing of importance that linked the two together as an alliance. He chose his old soulbound Tango over him for goodness sake!

Had the many years with Scott in different universes not meant anything? Jimmy's one encounter, his one experience with Tango, had it meant more than what they had? Scott couldn't believe what he was hearing. He felt hurt. He felt betrayed. He felt unloved. He had been begging Jimmy to kill Tango and spare his life just a little longer, an act of good faith and love. Jimmy betrayed him without a second fought.

Desperate to survive and keep some time, Scott had fled the scene, not waiting to see Jimmy's reaction. He ran through the dark and twisted forest next to the Bad Boys Manner, past the TIES base as his heart ached at the faught of Tango. Scott's heart felt like it had been ripped out of his chest. His feelings felt numb.

Now he sat at the Coral Isles, knees up to his chest, and his face soaked. Each time the bitter sweet taste of tears threatened the corners of his mouth, it just reminded him of how he had cried for Jimmy in Third Life. How they were closer than any soulbound. How much he loved Jimmy and how much he mourned at his grave. All of it, all of the laughs and the cries, it all meant nothing to him.

"Scott?" A familiar voice came from the distance before the splashing of water was heard. Martyn swam over, climbing out of the waters near the little cabin Scott had built for them. His fish like fins shimmered in the sun, not as dull as the axolotl fins that were drooping at Scott's side. Martyn came to sit next to Scott, not knowing what to do in the situation.

Scott sniffed a few times, trying to regain his posture in front of Martyn. He failed miserably, deciding to just fully break down in front of Martyn. Scott leaned into Martyn's side, the blond holding onto Scott to help him calm down. "I-Im sorry." Scott's voice was hoarse and soft from all of the crying. "You say sorry a lot." Martyn whisper-said, now gently stroking Scott's hair. "I mean it a lot..."

"What is this about? Did someone hurt you? Kill you? There was no death message, and you don't look hurt." Martyn did a full body checkup on Scott, scanning his body for injuries. Scott let out a small croak, more tears threatening to escape the corners of his eyes. "Jimmy doesn't love me anymore. He loves Tango now. I even gave him a Pufferish of Peace, and he threw it away like it meant nothing!"

"Do you love him?" Martyn asked, trying to confirm what he was getting from the situation. "I don't want to -" Scott wisper said back, rubbing his now red and puffy eyes. "But do you?" "Yes..." Martyn couldn't help but feel sad for Scott. He knew how much the cyanate loved Jimmy. He knew how much the man next to him would sacrifice for love. Scott was too kind for his own good.

"I just wish he loved me the way I loved him, you know?" Scott continued, a small, sad smile playing off of his lips. Scott stared down at his feet, the sad smile turning into a deep thrown. "I don't really know why I'm still hoping. Everything changed since the whole Flower Husband's era came to an end in Season 1 of Empires. Hell, it ended for good after Third Life was done, and Jimmy was soulbound to Tango! Why did I believe he still wanted me..."

Martyn gave Scott's shoulder a reassuring squeeze, Scott taking a deep breath and resting his head onto Martyn's shoulder. "You at least remember the good memories." Martyn tried to cheer him up, but Scott only sighed. "I don't like remembering. Remembering makes me feel things, and I don't like feeling things."

"You are a strong man, Scott. One of the strongest I know." Martyn began with a bright smile on his face. Scott looked up at the blond next to him, sniffing before giving Martyn a confused look. For a moment, both of them sat in silence, the only sound being the waters swishing around them and the occasional sniff from Scott. Martyn seemed to be deep in fought. He took a breath before continuing.

"If you have been brutally broken but still have the courage to be gentle and kind to others, then you deserve a love deeper than the ocean itself." He replied, awnsering Scott's confusion and staring out from the dock onto the flowing waters surrounding their island. Scott gave a small giggle, warming Martyns heart as he diverted his attention back to Scott. "I get what you mean."

Scott leaned back into Martyn once more, feeling the comfort of another warm body next to him. Scott felt save, he felt needed, and he felt love. His hope might have ended with Jimmy, but his faith grew stronger with Martyn. Martyn also sank into the welcoming feeling, satisfied and happy with the results of the day.

Together, they sat on the little wooden dock next to the house Scott had built, feeling save in each other's company as the waves tumbled and the sun set over the horizon. They were the Mean Gills, a team not to be messed with. A team that will forever be aligned by the tugging strings of their hearts and the bonds they made along the way.

They found themselves in the ocean and in each other.

"Thanks, Martyn..."

"Anytime, Scott."
______________________________________

Remember to let me know what you want to see next!