A dogs last bark (SL)

TW: Spoilers, Death, Martyn's rage
Angst
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Third Peron's POV (Jimmy):

Mumbo and Jimmy were strolling down the path near the Secret Keeper, giggling to themselves like little school girls about the traps they were going to set for the greens. Both had an excited twinkle in their eyes, knowing that together, along with Martyn, they were going to cause caios.

Jimmy was especially happy. He wasn't the first one out for the first time in the series. Lizzy died first due to an enderman pushing her into the void, and even though it should have been bad, Jimmy felt happy. He knows he shouldn't, but how can he not be happy to somehow still be alive?

They stood still in spawn, talking about potential targets and who they shouldn't touch who were seen as allies. Jimmy even tried to convince the mustached man to join the big dogs, his golden tail wagging as he gave his best bark to convince the man before him. Mumbo laughed, telling him he'd think about it.

Ruckus came from the direction of Big B's Cobblerooms and the Big Dogs part of the map. The sound was one of heavy footsteps, growling and sniffing, accompanied by the sound of panicked screaming. Grian, Big B, Etho and Scar came running across the field, Grian and Etho smiling and looking... excited?

Seconds after the four of them came running up to the two reds, a huge blue and black figure followed close after.

"IS THAT A WARDEN!" Jimmy yelled, running up to the four people to investigate the situation, Mumbo following close on the Golden Retriever's heels.

Before anyone fully processed the Warden on the server, Grian placed some soul sand in the perfect form of a Wither. "Grian? GRIAN STOP WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Jimmy yelled, trying to stop the damage before it happened. It was too late. With the last Wither skull placed and an evil giggle from Grian, the Wither spawned in, now accompanying its Warden friend.

Jimmy started fleeing, realizing the importance of escape in this situation. One, two then three. Wither skulls rained onto the floor and the surrounding players. In the heat of the moment Jimmy spun around, not thinking about his safety as he tried to shoot the Wither with his bow.

He hit it a few times, feeling proud of himself as he tried to shoot another arrow. A sudden low growl made the monster next to Jimmy's presence known, and the dog spun around. With eyes wide at the Wardens sudden appearance, Jimmy started to flee, trying to get distance to shrug off the Warden. Mumbo ran by his side, also trying to escape. The Warden wasn't giving up...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Third Person's POV (Martyn):

Martyn heard about the ruckus going on overhead, and one peak of the Warden was enough for the Yorkshire Terrier hybrid to seek shelter underground. He hid there, not caring if it was a cowardly move, as long as he survived this apocalypse of monsters.

The sound of a Wither being spawned was heard above Martyn, just another reason to ignore the apocalypse and hide. Screams of terror and pain from other players filled the sky above him, and Martyn knew someone was dying today.

He was keen on staying underground, until he heard a yelp and a loud whimper that sounded like Jimmy after a really loud sonic blast was heard. JIMMY! His Big Dog was in trouble! Martyn no longer felt like hiding, digging up so he could go and save his companion.

The dog hybrid resurfaced with the help of his shovel, running past all of the panicked screaming and the flying Wither skulls to where he heard the yelp. He got to the side of the Secret Keeper, seeing Jimmy running away from the Warden. "JIMMY! RUN!" Martyn screamed, but it was too late...

With one last faded bark for help the Warden landed its killer blast on the golden pup, Jimmy's body falling limp onto the floor as the Warden directed its attacks onto Mumbo. Martyn was too shocked to speak or move, just staring at the fallen body of his former ally as it slowely faded away. It was after the fall of Mumbo happened that the red realized his situation. He ran back to his former hiding spot, staying there as the roaring of caios ensued.

Finally it was only the Wither left, giving Martyn the confidence to resurfaced and help in the fight. Together the whole server attacked the flying death sentence, Martyn trying his best to land the final blow. The Wither was dead, everyone cheering for their victory.

Martyn fell to his knees, his heart heavy from not only the stress but the fact that he was now a singular Big Dog. Scott came up to Martyn, placing his hand on the dog hybrids shoulder to comfort him. The cyanate knew how it was to lose his only ally, specifically Jimmy.

After the cheering died down, Grian called the session to an end, everyone gathering at the Secret Keeper to see who failed their tasks. Instead, everyone joked about the fallen players not hiding like Martyn did, which just unsettled the dog hybrid even more. The sound of Jimmy's last bark echoed in Martyn's head, causing his dread and sadness to turn into rage.

He swore he would kill every person who made fun of his Big Dog. He will avenge Jimmy with everything inside of him. The whole server will see that Martyn wasn't just filled with barks. He also had a nasty bite!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remember to leave a comment on what you want to see next!