16

3rd Pov.
"Okay and we're here" Don says with a quick smile revealing his dimples, putting the car in park.

"Ouu" Solei says in awe looking at the restaurant

"Just wait til you see the inside" he says getting out walking to her side of the door as a valet came to the drivers side. Don then opens her door and reaches for her hand revealing his shiny silver watch, the diamonds glistened from just a speck of light hitting it.

She grasped his tattooed hand as he helped her up. When they stood in front of each other they locked eyes, she felt safe in his presence and she liked that. As he's getting ready to turn to start walking with her Solei stops him. "Wait holl' up" he retracts his body back her way, "let me fix your collar" she says reaching out to grab it. She gently fixed his collar as he stared down at her in awe.

His eyes were glued to her, he watched her so intently, and at first she wouldn't dare look up to meet his because she felt the gaze. But then she looked, his eyes full of pure admiration, "Solei..."

"Yes?" She says softly

A slight pause was took before he cleared his throat. "Thank you" he says hoarsely.

"No problem,"

He takes her hand again, intertwining their fingers as they walked on the outside smooth gravel like floor with lights on the ground on both sides. She found herself caressing his hand lightly with her thumb which he fairly enjoyed. The door was open for the two by a man who stood in front. Walking in, the air brushes their face sending a slight chill down Solei as Don stayed unbothered.

Making it past the entryway, the server immediately recognized and grabbed the menus and silverware walking from behind the desk.

"Welcome to Maestro Mr. and Mrs. Giovanni. I am Henry and will be delighted to have you to seated." Henry said.

"Oh" Solei said lowly, stunned from how fast the server came up to them and her being announced as Don's wife.

'Not us being married already girl' Solei said to the imaginary audience in her head.

'I like the way that sounds' Don said to himself

The both of them were fond of the thought of them being married.

"Follow me right this way to the elevator" Henry said.

"Okay here's the table" he said leading the two to an isolated table on the third floor.

The table was next to a big window which almost showed a perfect sky view of New York City.

"Here's the menus and the waiter will be here shortly to take your order" Henry said walking away

Solei stared out of the window in sort of a trance from the view. "It's so beautiful" she said to herself. Don looked at Solei about to say something but she beat him to it.

"Have you been here before" Solei asks out of curiosity

"No, I've always wanted to go, now I can experience it with you" Don says looking into her eyes.

She screams internally in her head. "You're so sweet" she said also staring into his eyes with a little laugh.

Breaking contact she continues the conversation. "I asked because it seems like you're well known here"

"I'm known in a couple places" he says slightly smirking.

As Don and Solei continued talking, laughs came from both sides of the table. Due to Solei's ability to observe everything she realized how attentive everyone was to them. When they needed something they were there before she could even blink. They always referred to the two as Mr and Mrs Giovanni, which had such a ring to it she thought.

Don picked up on this as well and he knew Solei was smart. It was only a matter of time before she knew who he really was.

"I'm glad you guys enjoyed your meal. Would you two like any dessert" the waiter asked.

"No thanks" Solei said. Don just shook his head no.

"Okay, here's the bill. I be back in a few minutes" he said grabbing the plates

"Did you like the food" Don asked. "Of course. I've never had Pasta alla Norma before" Solei said

"I'm glad you liked it. It's actually a famous dish from my home"

"Really? I bet it tastes better out there"

"Definitely"

While the two continued conversation the waiter came back with the receipt.

"We're going to leave out another way, there's something I want to show you" Don said grabbing Solei's hand as they stood from the table.

"Okay" she said uneasy letting him lead the way.

They went down to the second floor and headed to a door. "Now I need you to close your eyes before we walk through the doors. There's stair but I'll make sure you don't fall. Okay?" he said

"If you tryna kill me just say that" she joked taking her hands back from his grasp. "Just trust me" he said looking down at her.

Solei closed her eyes and held on to him as he guided her down the stairs. The stairs was an exit to outside, so when she felt the air she started to get suspicious.

"Don I swear if something happens to me I will kill you" She said walking down the last step with her eyes still closed.

"Open your eyes Carissima" he said letting her hands go. She opened her eyes to see a beautiful sight.

Right in front of her was the prettiest thing she had ever seen. A pond surrounded by nice vibrant flowers. The pond was filled with water lilies and lily pads. The thing that took the most attention is the big gazebo sitting on top. It was whitely painted with red bricks as the roof. The top was covered with the lilac colored wisteria vines that hung low. There was a couple of swans that were swimming together under the bridge. And to top it off there were fireflies right above the water that lit up between the Juncus Rush plants.

Solei stood there in shock as she walked over the bridge looking at the view on the gazebo. She quickly turned the opposite way from Don.

"You don't like it . I'm sorry we can leave I-". He started to ramble.

"Don I love it. I never had someone do this for me I just- I can't believe it... I don't deserve this, oh my goodness it's so beautiful" Solei said as her voice cracked turning around revealing her watery eyes to him.

"Amore mio...You deserve the world" he walked up to her hugging her as his face of concern faded.

"You deserve everything. Solei the reason I did this is because I want to see that beautiful smile on your face. You are a gorgeous hardworking woman that needs satisfaction. You spend your days worrying for others not being able to satisfy yourself. I wanted to show you that I'm here to give you the world and so much more. I want to be with you... I've never met someone like you before. You're always on my mind, I think about you so much that I see you in my future." He says looking at her shook face and letting her bask in his words. "Solei I brought you here to ask, will you be my girlfriend?"

Solei stood there lips parted, processing everything she heard. She couldn't believe it nobody had ever made her feel this special. "Yes" she says shaking her head as well.

Don nodded his head slowly and chuckled walking to the speaker in the corner of the gazebo. "What are you doing" she says laughing.

"Making the moment even better he says pressing play on the music on his phone. 'Ma belle Evangeline' started to play.

"No you didnt" she smiled

"Oh but i did" he says reaching for her hand. She grabs it and when her hand is in his he places a soft kiss on it. The vanilla smell invaded his nose making him crack a smile.

As the music continues they start to dance, they held each other close as Solei laid her head on his shoulder. " Don..." she says

"Hm?" He hums

"Dont let go..."