14

Don Pov:

I open my eyes to see myself laying on a familiar grey couch. Taking a few seconds to adjust to the sunlight beaming from the window, I realize that I'm in Solei's house.

"What the hell" I say confused sitting up. "Cazzo" I grunted as I felt pain shoot through my stomach. I look down, taking off the cover only to see me shirtless and wrapped with a bandage.

After finally being able to sit up, I go to reach for my phone that was sitting on the coffee table, foot steps drew closer.

"Oh look who's finally up" Solei says walking toward me sitting down on the couch. "How'd I get here" I ask confused.

" Naseem... he dropped you off here. He said that you told him to bring you here instead of the hospital" she responded.

"Hmm. Thank you for-" I started but was cut off. "Yeah Yeah, how do you feel?" she said waving me off while looking over the wound.

"Amore mio" I called her. She hummed in response.

"What's wrong" I asked. "Oh I don't know, one day you have a cut on your face— next thing you are dropped off at my house with a gun shot wound. Starting to think you in a mafia or sum" She said not making eye contact the entire time and chuckled at her last statement.

"Now come on to the bathroom I have to re-bandage your wound" she said standing up in front of me reaching for my hands.

Instead of grabbing her hands I stare at her with an unreadable look. Does she know?

"What" she asks. "Nothing" I responded grabbing her hands for help.

Walking into the guest bathroom that isn't too far from the kitchen, I was told to sit on the counter. "I'm going take the wrap off and clean the wound and check for any infection. Then I'll rewrap it and you can take some pain killers." Solei mumbled getting the supplies from under the cabinet. I nodded while watching her, enjoying the silence.

"How did you get in this predicament anyways Don" Solei blurted while cleaning the wound. I sigh before answering. "I can't tell you that Solei"

"Well what can you tell me? I'm getting worried." she said looking up at me. "All you need to know is that this will never happen again and you have nothing to worry about. Just trust me" I said looking into her eyes trying to reassure her.

"Okay" she said lowly after continuing to bandage the wound. "I'm all done" she said as she cleaned up the items.

"Here's a new toothbrush and the pain killers, I have a t-shirt that you left one day, and I can warm up the breakfast I made this morning" Solei said as she reached me the items. "Thank you Solei, I really appreciate the help and will get out off your hands as soon as possible" I said getting off the counter.

"It's okay I don't mind and take as much time as you need because that takes time to heal. Think of this as me repaying you for all you done," she said leaving so I can handle my business.

After I finished freshening up, I left out of the bathroom. "Your food is right there" she said pointing to the island.

"Thank you Amore" I said heading towards it. "Of course" Solei said not taking her eyes off the tv as she sat on the couch.

Getting up from the barstool after eating my food, I head to the sink to wash my dish.

"Don't worry, I got it. Go sit you can't heal by doing a lot of moving" Solei said as she came in reaching for my plate. "You did enough, this the least I could do Carissima" I said holding it up

She looked up at me. "Don" she said squinting her eyes. "Amore mio  I said slightly tilting my head. She looked down blushing. "Be careful boy" she said shaking her head in defeat as she walked away.