𝕸 𝖔 𝖔 𝖓: 𝖙 𝖆 𝖝 𝖎

Start from the beginning

How on earth did I get myself into this mess?

My team is scattered all over the continent, leaving me stranded without anyone to pick me up from this dodgy wooden shack I just rushed from.

And the longer I sit here, the more I wish I had just hoofed it to the airport on my own two feet.

"Yeah," — I flashed a fake grin — "Managed to snag a dirt-cheap last-minute ticket, so it practically begged me to grab it."

"Flying solo?"

"Don't need any sidekick; I'm my own best bud and sweetheart." — A soft smirk slipped from my throat.

"Well, I can imagine," — Taking another peek in the mirror, he shamelessly checked me out from head to toe — "Your flawless beauty is probably the reason why there isn't a man out there worthy of having you all to himself."

"Appearance can be easily changed, but what sets them away from my level is the fact of their brains located between their legs instead of in their heads."

"Ah, Miss Brainy, I see." — He chuckled, shifting into first gear to roll the car on the green light — "Educated with a couple of diplomas and the epitome of the perfect daughter?"

The corner of my lips curled up softly;

And this time, it wasn't fake.

"Confirmation of wisdom doesn't require a diploma, nor does making your parents proud hinge on a college degree." — I spoke after a short pause — "What truly matters is knowing how to maximize benefits for yourself and those around you."

"So, a self-made businesswoman, huh?" — He sneaked another look at me through the mirror — "Your grace and eloquence just radiate that vibe."

"Calling me a businesswoman is too tame." — I nibbled on my bottom lip — "Let's just say I have a knack for getting what I want."

"I see."

Drawing out the syllable, he chuckled and redirected his gaze straight ahead.

Just want makes me wonder is whether my reply gave him the impression that I'm some kind of whore or that I've got a sugar daddy on his last breaths.

But the idea that I might be dangerous in any way?

Oh, please;

In the minds of people like him, women are deemed too feeble to be anywhere other than the kitchen, let alone engaging in shady dealings.

But that's alright.

While idiots like him doubt us, we move ruthlessly and with unwavering strength, reducing them to their knees before us.

And I don't mean the marriage proposals here.

"Where's this bird flying off to?" — He took a left at the turn.

"It's about time this bird flew off to some warmer climates."

"Scoring a budget-friendly trip to a warm destination?" — He chuckled, easing off the gas — "Where'd you snag those tickets?"