[𝐒𝟏; 𝐄𝟑] 𝐍𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐁𝐎𝐑𝐒

Lucy: Mommy, mommy!

Lucy: Mommy, mommy!

The melodic sound of her giggle reverberated within the confines of my bedroom, accompanied by the palpable sensation of someone joyfully leaping onto my bed, abruptly pulling me from the depths of my serene slumber...

A gentle smile graced my lips, unfazed by the lively commotion transpiring mere inches from my head, prompting me to gradually unveil the world around me by slowly opening my eyes...

Lucy: Mommy, wake up! - She started up yanking my arm softly - We have to go! I have to visit everyone!

A subdued chuckle slipped from my lips as I marveled at her infectious delight and boundless energy. With a shake of my head in amazement, I swiftly and decisively grasped her arms, eliciting another burst of laughter from her as I playfully pulled her down, drawing her closer to me...

Embracing her initially, I gently rolled to the side with her cradled in my arms, planting tender kisses on her head. A trace of laughter escaped her lips as I playfully tickled her, the delightful sound resonating further...

Eventually, I released my hug, allowing her to sit comfortably atop my stomach, resting her back against my bent legs...

Elena: Battery fully charged, I see - I chuckled, playfully swinging her hands - How's that post-flying headache?

Lucy: I don't have a headache anymore - She giggled once more, toying with my hands - But can we stop using planes? They're awful.

Elena: Well, I don't see us hopping on a plane anytime soon, so you can take a break from worrying about that headache.

Lucy: Pinky promise? - She reached out her little finger to me.

Elena: Pinky promise - I chuckled, wrapping my finger around hers - For sure we're not heading back to Chile, and I've got no travel plans on the horizon.

Lucy: That's great because I missed our home - She smiled, playing with my fingers again - Is everyone here too?

Elena: Every single person, I checked that myself yesterday while you were sleeping like dead after the flight - I playfully poked her nose, eliciting another giggle - They can't wait to see you as they kept asking about you, sweetheart.

Lucy: Then, what are you waiting for? We have to go!

With a sprightly leap, she disentangled herself from me, seizing my hand in a firm grip and exerting all her strength to pull me along. Chuckling at her playful enthusiasm, I yielded to her spirited tug. Hand in hand, I descended from my bed, coming to a halt on the floor...